Duke Postgame: GT loses 41-23

rfjeff9

Jolly Good Fellow
That wasn’t the disagreement. I’d rather CGC be here than CPJ. And I loved CPJ.

The game has not changed too much in 11 years, but the recruiting and power has shifted around a bit. I think we are situated in a great geographical area, and am eager to see how we can do today over what CCG did. Probably close to what might have been if he had ever been able to develop a consistent QB. Like Godsey.

But the growing pains are going to be really bad. CPJ was worth a shot to see what we could do. Now we know. It’s time to give CGC a shot to see what we can do in the current era.

Deleted member 2897

Mods tonight be like...

giphy.gif

smokey_wasp

Helluva Engineer
So, my posts regarding the effect of the past on the current situation keep getting deleted so you will never know the truth. I guess the definition of a forum are thoughts that don't offend the snowflakes.

I dunno which of your posts have gotten deleted. I do think this forum is over-moderated at times. However, there have been plenty of posts talking honestly about our talent deficit that have gotten through just fine. A lot depends on your tone and how you phrase it. Right now, I think the mods are just trying to keep us from burning this place to the ground.

Deleted member 2897

And at that I’m officially entering the message board portal. I’m over the bull**** and PM’s saying my comments are inappropriate. Everyone needs to get behind this staff and program or get the **** on! It’s been real but I’m out

I hope with time you will revisit your decision. You’re in the GTSwarm 2-deep and we need you!

GoldenBuzz

Georgia Tech Fan
I dunno which of your posts have gotten deleted. I do think this forum is over-moderated at times. However, there have been plenty of posts talking honestly about our talent deficit that have gotten through just fine. A lot depends on your tone and how you phrase it.

I don't understand the rules, unless it's don't criticize former coaches, which is totally unfair.

BonafideJacket

Jolly Good Fellow
Lol how about maybe holding off on your hypothetical panic attack inducing in which you're slandering the coaching staff until I don't know, maybe that highly unlikely doomsday event happens?
Because it evidences the gameday thought process (or lack thereof) that our coaching staff used. Given the current state of the team, none of us should really care at the end of the day if it costs us a win somewhere down the road this season (highly unlikely). The issue is that this decision validates the concerns of those of us who feel that something doesn't smell right about the gameday coaching for this staff.

Decisions like which games to play a true freshman in should be well thought-out based on all possible outcomes. There are no scenarios in which playing Yates for one play today down by 3 scores was the best decision. For me, I'm concerned there was no more thought put into it than "James is hurt and Jordan's next up, send him in."

I might remind everyone here, INCLUDING the mods, that people have opinions, and whether you (or they) like reading them or not, they (we) should have the right to state them. If someone doesn't like a particular post, then call that person out on in the public thread, because that's an opinion also.

Milwaukee

Banned
Because it evidences the gameday thought process (or lack thereof) that our coaching staff used. Given the current state of the team, none of us should really care at the end of the day if it costs us a win somewhere down the road this season (highly unlikely). The issue is that this decision validates the concerns of those of us who feel that something doesn't smell right about the gameday coaching for this staff.

Decisions like which games to play a true freshman in should be well thought-out based on all possible outcomes. There are no scenarios in which playing Yates for one play today down by 3 scores was the best decision. For me, I'm concerned there was no more thought put into it than "James is hurt and Jordan's next up, send him in."

No scenarios that you're aware of is what you meant to say. You simply do not know. Leave it at that.