Duke Postgame: GT loses 41-23

rfjeff9

Jolly Good Fellow
Other than Clemson and Georgia, the rest of our schedule this year would have been viewed as tossups. People would have expect 5-9 wins. Nobody would have expected us to get blown away by Temple and Duke. Offense was shut out against Temple. It was 38-7 at one point today. Sad.

I thought 3 wins before the season, Citadel being one and we can still win another, you never know. I thought Temple and South Florida could go either way. I knew it was going to be a really really bad year. Under no circumstances did I ever think 5 wins while trying to completely scrap/overhaul/revamp the offense and using players not suited for the direction we were going.

bke1984

Helluva Engineer
Y’all need to stop with that BS. Duke played the same defense the entire game
So that worries me then. There were times we were running stuff that worked, yet you’re saying the D didn’t change. I assume you’ll say we just executed better on those drives, which may be true, but that’s a whole lot of execution on a few drives with a whole lot of nothing the rest of the game.

I’ve seen your breakdowns of the offense that show we are doing good things, but what are your thoughts on the overall play calling? Not individual plays, but what he’s calling back-to-back and situationally? Or what he’s doing from one drive to another? It really seems like this could be a little better.

There was a definite wide open TD to Oliver missed, that’s on Graham...

Deleted member 2897

I thought 3 wins before the season, Citadel being one and we can still win another, you never know. I thought Temple and South Florida could go either way. I knew it was going to be a really really bad year. Under no circumstances did I ever think 5 wins while trying to completely scrap/overhaul/revamp the offense and using players not suited for the direction we were going.

The question was if CPJ would have still been here.