Depth Chart is Here

Em_Jae20

Helluva Engineer
I don't have a problem with freshmen on the two deep, but having this many concerns me. I hope this isn't another 2010, post 2009, type season.
I think it all just depends on how healthy we stay. If we're healthy a lot of the freshmen will dress but won't get any PT and end up redshirting like CJ Legget did a season ago

GTonTop88

Helluva Engineer
I wonder if this depth chart isn't constructed to light a fire under some people that have the ability but not putting in the effort like the coaches would like. Lewis, Whitehead, and Gary Brown were ones I thought had a shot a starting or for sure being in the two deep. I felt certain Hankins would start at MLB and that Tre Jackson would back him up.

elwoodgt

Jolly Good Fellow
Defensive line has a chance to be real good. Freeman, Gotsis, Hunt-Days, and Gamble. Thinking they should be able to go toe-to-toe with any DL in the ACC.

The real question is, can they go toe-to-toe with any O-line in the ACC? And I think they can. Can't wait to see!

GTNavyNuke

Helluva Engineer
Featured Member
As far as players on the roster by year group, let's wait till we see who really plays. I think the roster will stabilize after the ND game. But looking at the 66 positions 2 or 3 deep on the O, D, ST here's the breakdown:
Fr 16
rFr 5
So 7
rSo 5
Jr 3
rJr 12
Sr 3
rSr 15

So that's a lot of Fr. Will they play? Let's wait and see. But here is the year breakdown:

Year; # roster; Class size; % roster
2015; 16 ; 25 ; 64%
2014; 12 ; 21 ; 57%
2013; 8 ; 14 ; 57%
2012; 15 ; 17 ; 88%
2011; 15 ; 22 ; 68%

Now that 64% is a pretty good indicator of how good the Fr Class is perceived to be. That high a % surprises me. If more % 2015 players are on the roster than older 2014 and 2013! I'd expect 2012 to be the highest and some of the 2011 to have left after 4 or even 3 years.

GaTech4ever

Helluva Engineer
I love that Rodwell and Butker are only juniors. I've always thought ST is under-analyzed, and knowing that they will be back even next year is comforting.

May seem like I'm stating the obvious, but for some reason I thought Rodwell was a senior which made me excited that they're both juniors.

danny daniel

Helluva Engineer
I love that Rodwell and Butker are only juniors. I've always thought ST is under-analyzed, and knowing that they will be back even next year is comforting.

May seem like I'm stating the obvious, but for some reason I thought Rodwell was a senior which made me excited that they're both juniors.

I believe Rodwell was a class ahead of Butker but he redshirted his Soph year.

CuseJacket

Administrator
Staff member
Also remember last we heard the coaches are looking for 7-8 guys in the primary OL rotation.

My speculative guess as of today is Whitley and Bryan will be the odd men out, assuming Bryan and Fromayan are close at the T spot. Allows the possibility of redshirting Bryan and he can still prove he needs to be on the field in practice. Perhaps even Fromayan plays emergency minutes outside of the regular rotation since Klock has G/T flexibility.

cmathis

Jolly Good Fellow
We average 312.4lbs across the O-Line. Let that marinate for a minute. #mindright

Man I never realized how big Devine is...

Overall, I love this depth chart. I'm expecting huge things from Skov this year, and it's awesome to see Snoddy back! Hyped for Stewart too, but who isn't?