Depth Chart is Here

dressedcheeseside

Helluva Engineer
TaQuan is a big surprise, his tape and size wasn't as eye popping as our other freshman. Corey Alford is really outta left field, first time I've heard his name other than earning a scholarship. I'm really glad to see Gamble at end and JHD at DT.
I agree on Alford. Nobody saw that coming. I thought the starting 3 was gonna be Davis, Hankins and Marcordes.

ChasonBaller

on Pastner Polo watch
Seeing Alford so high caught me off guard along with Lewis and Brown not being in the 2 deep. Alford always goes 110% so I'm fine with it. I was hoping to see the LB's be Lewis, Davis, and Hankins with Marcordes coming in to rush the passer. (I know we play nickel a lot)

danny daniel

Helluva Engineer
TaQuan is a big surprise, his tape and size wasn't as eye popping as our other freshman. Corey Alford is really outta left field, first time I've heard his name other than earning a scholarship. I'm really glad to see Gamble at end and JHD at DT.

Alford played a lot in the Spring Game and played very well. He has a Skov build (Fan Day). He has a lot of ST experience as well and can play all 3 LB positions. He has been around and "knows where to go".

Frenchise

Ramblin' Wreck
Don't want to rain on the parade, but what are the chances this roster is giving the young'uns a chance to start early and get them excited. Then when they get graded out, they'll see they have a lot of work to do. Won't be starting after that, but it will give them the chip they need to work at starting again.

Let me just say that i wouldn't be surprised if the DC didn't look very different against UNC. I hope it doesn't, because that means these guys are really talented.

Just a thought...

ATL1

Helluva Engineer
Still fluid. The final one is Monday.

Whitehead needs to step up.
I'd rather start RCG and have Gamble behind Gotsis.
I think we'll play a lot of Nickle during the year. I thought Marcordes was OLB.
Gray beating out a lot of safeties I thought would be ahead of him.
Looking forward to next week.

JacketTrain

Jolly Good Fellow
Still fluid. The final one is Monday.

Whitehead needs to step up.
I'd rather start RCG and have Gamble behind Gotsis.
I think we'll play a lot of Nickle during the year. I thought Marcordes was OLB.
Gray beating out a lot of safeties I thought would be ahead of him.
Looking forward to next week.

I don't know @ATL1 , I kind of like having Gamble at DE all game and then have Whitehead come in on passing downs after the OT has been physically beaten by Gamble.

slugboy

Staff member
When I saw Snoddy backing up Golden, it took me a second to realize it was on kick returns. I thought it was a big change at safety. :whistle:

ATL1

Helluva Engineer
I don't know @ATL1 , I kind of like having Gamble at DE all game and then have Whitehead come in on passing downs after the OT has been physically beaten by Gamble.

Whitehead not on the 2 deep. RCG will most def play, Roof loves him, and he is effective. Gamble can slide around but for depth purposes I'd play him 2nd NT.