Depth Chart is Here

danny daniel

Helluva Engineer
Some observations on the depth chart:

T Marshall is a surprise (pleasant one) as #4 AB.
Howell is a surprise over Philpott (may be injury/missed practice issue) at #4 WR just based on what we have been hearing about the upside of Philpott.
OL: looks like Sewak is planning on playing two complete lines maybe as a unit.
I expected either Glanton or Henderson to RS but maybe this indicates they both can be serviceable backups and free up Gamble for serious SDE duty which might really help the D.
Thought Curry would only play STs but good to see his progressat LB/N.
Surprised to see Marvin not on the chart. He got some good remarks from the coaches from Camp.

;

OldJacketFan

Helluva Engineer
Nice to see Stickler and Klock in the mid 280s! Looks like SDE may turn out to be a strength along the D line and I love see the Fr on the depth chart, we know they wouldn't be there without earning it!

Skeptic

Helluva Engineer
My thoughts:
O-Line 2 deep looks better than we've had in CPJ's tenure. Looking forward to rotating lines keeping everyone fresh for death marches.
Taquon must've had a great camp.
WR is dangerously inexperienced w/out Summers. Really wish Summers was good to go and Philpott had been healthy for camp.
Defense depth looks better across the board. I think Glanton might be one of the gems of the class.
I wouldn't be surprised to see Qua take over at least kickoff returns at some point. I like Golden on punts though.
What we have had for three years with Golden is reliability in fielding the punt. That can get nerve wracking for the wrong guy. Remember that Laskey was back there some as a freshman but dropped a couple.

danny daniel

Helluva Engineer
Skov starts at B-Back. JHD starting NT.

14 True Freshmen listed on the Depth Chart...wow.

Only two RFr: 14 + 2 = 16 in that class but there are others on the roster who may move up to the depth chart ( Brown, Stickler, Jordan, Lynch, and Johnson)....21 is about right.

Andewa

Jolly Good Fellow
Some observations on the depth chart:

T Marshall is a surprise (pleasant one) as #4 AB.
Howell is a surprise over Philpott (may be injury/missed practice issue) at #4 WR just based on what we have been hearing about the upside of Philpott.
OL: looks like Sewak is planning on playing two complete lines maybe as a unit.
I expected either Glanton or Henderson to RS but maybe this indicates they both can be serviceable backups and free up Gamble for serious SDE duty which might really help the D.
Thought Curry would only play STs but good to see his progressat LB/N.
Surprised to see Marvin not on the chart. He got some good remarks from the coaches from Camp.

;

Don't forget Howell was an early enrollee!

Jay Alexander

Jolly Good Fellow
Defensive line has a chance to be real good. Freeman, Gotsis, Hunt-Days, and Gamble. Thinking they should be able to go toe-to-toe with any DL in the ACC.

BBK

Jolly Good Fellow
Only two RFr: 14 + 2 = 16 in that class but there are others on the roster who may move up to the depth chart ( Brown, Stickler, Jordan, Lynch, and Johnson)....21 is about right.
Sorry to nitpick, but I see 3. Klock, Whitley, Searcy (4 with ST)

GTonTop88

Helluva Engineer
TaQuan is a big surprise, his tape and size wasn't as eye popping as our other freshman. Corey Alford is really outta left field, first time I've heard his name other than earning a scholarship. I'm really glad to see Gamble at end and JHD at DT.