Depth Chart is Here

Boomergump

Helluva Engineer
Featured Member
A few thoughts.

Not suprised at all to see Jabari as starting NT. He is the best athlete we have on the DL. Best feet, best hand fighting, and most quickness. Any talk to the contrary was just related to him having to learn his role and "earn" the position. C'mon folks, it's obvious. We are much better off being able to push Gamble to SDE. He will come off the field in obvious passing downs, but he is our best option out there. We need the physicality and size to set the edge better.

I am happy to see that Kallon has held off the freshman for the #2 spot. They are real football players with a longer history in the game than he has. Good for him. It means he has come along some.

I am glad to see Alford in the mix in LB group, but he is the guy coming off the field in the nickel situation. Still, his role is huge. Stopping the run is no joke.

I am not surprised to see Whitehead left off. I was a little underwhelmed by him in a scrimmage I saw last year. He is light in the pants and probably just overtaken by the other kids. It happens. He will have a long time to prove himself. Raising the bar is good for the team, even if it causes casualties.

I am surprised by TaQuan. Hey, maybe he is pretty good at dumping DBs on their heads. We will need it.

Think about RG on offense for a minute. Shamire can push you around at the point of attack like nobody's business and Klock is so athletic he can pull into space with the best of them. What a tandem! Fire and ice.

danny daniel

Helluva Engineer
Still fluid. The final one is Monday.

Whitehead needs to step up.
I'd rather start RCG and have Gamble behind Gotsis.
I think we'll play a lot of Nickle during the year. I thought Marcordes was OLB.
Gray beating out a lot of safeties I thought would be ahead of him.
Looking forward to next week.

Marcordes told me at the CFBHOF that he expected to play in the Nickel where the two linebackers are inside (Davis and Marcordes) and sometimes blitz. In the 4-3 he may play some as the OLB as Mitchell and Hankins are more the MLB type.

slugboy

Staff member
What is your question? He was all last year as well.
How good is he over there? Outside of Shamire, I've got a good idea about the rest of the line. For some reason, Errin isn't one of the ones I remember hearing much about.

Buzz4Him

Georgia Tech Fan
What we have had for three years with Golden is reliability in fielding the punt. That can get nerve wracking for the wrong guy. Remember that Laskey was back there some as a freshman but dropped a couple.
I remember it costing us a bowl win against Air Force

33jacket

Helluva Engineer
The best 4 at once on the dl is the starters listed with gamble at end. Glad to see it.

Only shock was alford. Everything else pretty close to speculation

I agree with minawreck. Best roster since 06 and 09.

Nook Su Kow

Ramblin' Wreck
Whitehead definitely has me scratching my head. Very excited about him when he transferred to us. Recall Eric calling him 1-8 player for us.

zhavenor

Jolly Good Fellow
How good is he over there? Outside of Shamire, I've got a good idea about the rest of the line. For some reason, Errin isn't one of the ones I remember hearing much about.
I think CPJ said at one point last year he was the 2nd best o-lineman we had. I don't know where he fits at this point though. I haven't looked play by play to see the exacts though. I'm sure someone else on the board has or is more qualified. Hope this helps a little.

Eastman

Helluva Engineer
Hopefully Whitehead is better now than when he transferred and the depth chart is just indicative of significant improvement from other players and the talent of the recent class.

Buzz4Him

Georgia Tech Fan
Go back and watch the bowl game. He was blowing some SEC boys up

Buzz4Him

Georgia Tech Fan
I don't have a problem with freshmen on the two deep, but having this many concerns me. I hope this isn't another 2010, post 2009, type season.

danny daniel

Helluva Engineer
I think CPJ said at one point last year he was the 2nd best o-lineman we had. I don't know where he fits at this point though. I haven't looked play by play to see the exacts though. I'm sure someone else on the board has or is more qualified. Hope this helps a little.

Ask the UGA LBs. They were looking up at him a lot. He started last season out of shape but by mid year had caught up to Griffin (IMO) and played very well in the last 5 games or so. CPJ did say at one point his play was second to Mason on the OL. My opinion is he and Burden are very good and very close. You could say "the light came on", "he gets it", " he has matured". He has also become outspoken and showing signs of leadership.

33jacket

Helluva Engineer

Paul said by the end of last year joe was playing every bit as good as mason. That is true!!!!!