Depth Chart is Here

redmule

Ramblin' Wreck
If CPJ isn't trolling, then I think we can now say that the 2015 class was better than the 2007 class which had been our benchmark. That many freshmen coming in and going onto the 2 deep would have scared me sh**less a few years back. Now, I'd like to think that we recruited for our needs, and those guys have stepped up. Also, I thought I had already hit my personal best in excitement for an upcoming season, but damn if Johnson hasn't squeezed out some extra performance from me.

We're gonna beat the hell out of you! And not just this year either.

txsting

Jolly Good Fellow
If CPJ isn't trolling, then I think we can now say that the 2015 class was better than the 2007 class which had been our benchmark. That many freshmen coming in and going onto the 2 deep would have scared me sh**less a few years back. Now, I'd like to think that we recruited for our needs, and those guys have stepped up. Also, I thought I had already hit my personal best in excitement for an upcoming season, but damn if Johnson hasn't squeezed out some extra performance from me.

IF you look a little closer, there aren't THAT many true freshman who are truly in line to play. In my opinion:
Marcus Marshall
TaQuon
Glanton or Henderson, not both
Gray
Vic
Stewart

Maybe Harland Howell or Will Bryan.

::) love the class but it's not like we are going to play 15 freshman. This is a good team.

GTNavyNuke

Helluva Engineer
Featured Member
IF you look a little closer, there aren't THAT many true freshman who are truly in line to play. In my opinion:
Marcus Marshall
TaQuon
Glanton or Henderson, not both
Gray
Vic
Stewart

Maybe Harland Howell or Will Bryan.

::) love the class but it's not like we are going to play 15 freshman. This is a good team.
Agree. After the ND game we should know the red shirts which will mostly be burnt.

DC Bee

Ramblin' Wreck
It's the 1st game of the season......things will change.

Perhaps. Maybe CPJ wanted to dress some frosh as a reward for then busting their butts in camp and some still get redshirted later if there are no injuries. Who knows?

How on earth is Skov taking a dive right not 3 yards every time?

IIRC, he average 8.6 ypc in the last scrimmage against the 1st team D. The Stove could be scary awesome this year and physically pound defenses into submission.

If CPJ isn't trolling, then I think we can now say that the 2015 class was better than the 2007 class which had been our benchmark. We're gonna beat the hell out of you! And not just this year either.

Yes, fellow Jackets, good times may have returned to the flats again for realz. 3 weeks from today we will have a better idea. I haven't been this pumped for the start of a season since 1991. Knowing now what I didn't know then, this could be another magical season.

iceeater1969

Helluva Engineer
See, even their bird got fed up with that exhibition.
Actually the pregame was pretty awsome - fly overs by nearby air base - sky divers came in hot - Santa landed on the fifty.
It went down from there. The gt local high school recruits were diminutive , the gt team was flat during warm up and then the bird flew off instead of landing. The game to which I brought a contingent of east Texas high school was so poor they and their wives left early to go gambling.
The orange bowl was the opposite.

DrJacket

Helluva Engineer
@MrsDrJacket was up before 7a.m. today reading a print out of the newly released Depth Chart. She's serious about her preseason opportunity to get ready. Looks like our house is catching up and rounding into form just in time.

She'll keep that thing sandwiched in between some books on the table between our chairs. At least until she tears one out of the game program book at the Alcorn State game. Then, generally that will be her season roster because of the 3 major formats they normally print those in.

Every game, she takes the program and rips out the Roster/Depth Chart page and folds it vertically. That thing will get worn out every Saturday.

33jacket

Helluva Engineer

These guys haven't played a down yet. For me its going to take 3 years until I see which class was better....

I also only see truly a handful of freshman that are really marked for early season PT. 6-7. Which is about what everyone predicted. By game 4 it will be clear who is eared for a RS.

Northeast Stinger

Helluva Engineer
@MrsDrJacket was up before 7a.m. today reading a print out of the newly released Depth Chart. She's serious about her preseason opportunity to get ready. Looks like our house is catching up and rounding into form just in time.

She'll keep that thing sandwiched in between some books on the table between our chairs. At least until she tears one out of the game program book at the Alcorn State game. Then, generally that will be her season roster because of the 3 major formats they normally print those in.

Every game, she takes the program and rips out the Roster/Depth Chart page and folds it vertically. That thing will get worn out every Saturday.
Such commitment to her craft.

Northeast Stinger

Helluva Engineer
I haven't been this pumped for the start of a season since 1991.
I was one of the few who was not looking forward with optimism in '91. Off the field shenanigans compromised the careers of a few key players and senior leadership was limited. And our first game had trap written all over it.

THESE guys really seem to have their heads on straight.

Skeptic

Helluva Engineer
Actually the pregame was pretty awsome - fly overs by nearby air base - sky divers came in hot - Santa landed on the fifty.
It went down from there. The gt local high school recruits were diminutive , the gt team was flat during warm up and then the bird flew off instead of landing. The game to which I brought a contingent of east Texas high school was so poor they and their wives left early to go gambling.
The orange bowl was the opposite.
Oh, I agree. The game was great until it started. Until the OB I had become convinced bowls were a game without meaning to Tech.