Demetris Robertson

Deleted member 2897

The 2nd most recent person he is following on Twitter is Coach Kirby "Smart". And yes, Georgie has a Civil Engineering program, if that matters to him.

If you've never been to Berkeley, that place is a unique depraved looney bin. It is really a bizarre place. I could totally buy into that Cal message board saying he was homesick. When we were recruiting him, I always felt like we had a small but measurable chance...like 5%. I'd say at this point its non-zero again, but I'd say like 1%. Unless he would commit on the spot (there would be no reason not to if he were actually interested), I would not spend any time on him.

bobongo

Helluva Engineer
The 2nd most recent person he is following on Twitter is Coach Kirby "Smart". And yes, Georgie has a Civil Engineering program, if that matters to him.

If you've never been to Berkeley, that place is a unique depraved looney bin. It is really a bizarre place. I could totally buy into that Cal message board saying he was homesick. When we were recruiting him, I always felt like we had a small but measurable chance...like 5%. I'd say at this point its non-zero again, but I'd say like 1%. Unless he would commit on the spot (there would be no reason not to if he were actually interested), I would not spend any time on him.

So, you're saying there's a chance...

jgtengineer

Helluva Engineer
I remember the reason supposedly that the Falcons drafted Steve Bartkowski instead on Walter Payton in 1975. The NFL Scouts had said Walter Payton had a bad attitude:rolleyes:

Honestly not sure sweetness would have helped atl or had the career he had there. Bartkowski was a really good player for the falcons but he did a lot with bad o line play. Something that would have killed peytons career too

iceeater1969

Helluva Engineer
The guy was a mdia hs star and seems to talk a lot

The head coach at Tennessee seems to like too talk a lot.

We will see if talk attracts talk.

After 2 years of injury plagued play at Cal, he is a major question for our program.

JacketFromUGA

Helluva Engineer

After 2 years of injury plagued play at Cal, he is a major question for our program.
Funny how that’s the memory. His recruitment got so big and media crazy specifically because he never talked not because he talked too much.

bobongo

Helluva Engineer

As a true freshman, he had 50 receptions for 767 yards and 7 TDs.

Last year as a sophomore he caught 7 passes in the first two games before being injured.

iceeater1969

Helluva Engineer
Funny how that’s the memory. His recruitment got so big and media crazy specifically because he never talked not because he talked too much.
u r probably right.

he was a highly sought wr .

the process of touring etc was probably just the same for every recruit of that stature.

we just happened to have a chance at him so we saw this process.

takethepoints

Helluva Engineer
If you've never been to Berkeley, that place is a unique depraved looney bin. It is really a bizarre place. I could totally buy into that Cal message board saying he was homesick.
Now, now. UC-Berkeley is the best public university in the US and usually ranked in the top 7 or 8 US universities overall. There's a good argument for saying it's the best public university in the world; I certainly can't think of any solid contenders for that position. If it seems strange to you, I would suggest that it's you who have the problem, not UC-B.

Oth, I totally buy the ides that Demetrius got homesick (I hope his mom is ok). California is a quite different place then Georgia is and I'm betting that he did feel a bit out of place. Hope he decides to come to Tech after all.

MikeJackets1967

Helluva Engineer
Now, now. UC-Berkeley is the best public university in the US and usually ranked in the top 7 or 8 US universities overall. There's a good argument for saying it's the best public university in the world; I certainly can't think of any solid contenders for that position. If it seems strange to you, I would suggest that it's you who have the problem, not UC-B.

Oth, I totally buy the ides that Demetrius got homesick (I hope his mom is ok). California is a quite different place then Georgia is and I'm betting that he did feel a bit out of place. Hope he decides to come to Tech after all.
If he doesn't go to GT i hope he goes to Tennessee;)

Deleted member 2897

I would completely agree with everything you just said. But nothing that you typed has anything to do with what I typed - I was referring to the culture of that town and around campus. I would never question the school's academic credentials.

Last edited by a moderator: