Demetris Robertson

Ash

Ramblin' Wreck
What is up with having a "media company" rep his recruitment announcement? Is this a whole new level of attention getting I have not been aware of?

TheSilasSonRising

Helluva Engineer
We really dont need another WR... he wouldn't cut the cheese academic wise and GT puts plenty of athletes into the league... his loss honestly..

“wouldn’t cut the cheese academic wise...”?

Then why were we so hot in trying to get him in the first place? Our coaches don’t know what they are doing? He became stupid in commiefornia ( now That is entirely possible!)?

Or is this a forever ongoing refrain from fans everywhere when someone goes elsewhere - “we didn’t want him anyway”.

Anybody thinking we would not love to have gotten him is not right.

smokey_wasp

Helluva Engineer
“wouldn’t cut the cheese academic wise...”?

Then why were we so hot in trying to get him in the first place? Our coaches don’t know what they are doing? He became stupid in commiefornia ( now That is entirely possible!)?

Or is this a forever ongoing refrain from fans everywhere when someone goes elsewhere - “we didn’t want him anyway”.

Anybody thinking we would not love to have gotten him is not right.

Truth is, nobody knows what the kid's grades or priorities are. I am sure we would have gladly taken him the first time around, but I have no idea if we showed any interest this time. No credible source linked him to us, so this thread was just idle offseason talk. Me, I would have gladly taken him, but I am equally happy to focus on guys that can give us 4-5 years. Agree that its silly to knock him or question his grades and motives.

MikeJackets1967

Helluva Engineer
Truth is, nobody knows what the kid's grades or priorities are. I am sure we would have gladly taken him the first time around, but I have no idea if we showed any interest this time. No credible source linked him to us, so this thread was just idle offseason talk. Me, I would have gladly taken him, but I am equally happy to focus on guys that can give us 4-5 years. Agree that its silly to knock him or question his grades and motives.
I have a feeling that Demetris will wind up being one of those talented players who wind up being a huge disappointment and wind up not doing much because of personal and other problems.

GTonTop88

Helluva Engineer
For him to be so highly rated he really didn’t light it up at Cal. If he goes to Uga he’s gonna have to compete with Mecole Hardman for playing time and I just don’t see him beating Hardman out.

MWBATL

Helluva Engineer
I will say that it is amazing how folks will just spout off about kids they know absolutely nothing about.

I personally have no idea if this kid is wonderful or horrid, and don't care to offer any opinions or judgments on him. If our coaches want him, that's good enough for me. If they don't, that's also good enough for me.

alentrekin

Ramblin' Wreck
Around 700 and 7 is what wims had last year for UGA as their leading receiver. Obviously, Dykes spread the ball around but let's not choke on sour grapes.

Backstreetbuzz

Jolly Good Fellow
We really dont need another WR... he wouldn't cut the cheese academic wise and GT puts plenty of athletes into the league... his loss honestly..
I feel the same way about Jennifer Garner. What do I need with another girl friend, she knows nothing about thermodynamics and I can find plenty of scraggly girls to date. It’s her loss.