Deion/ GT having discussion?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Thwg777

Jolly Good Fellow
It still blows my mind why anyone would mention things like…maybe we could keep Collins as DC…or maybe Paul could come back on as OC.

Well a seven year contract for an unproven coach or better yet current employment of a coach that continues to establish new program lows blows my mind.

In my business, it’s common to see one or two level demotions. Good leaders that get promoted too fast and quickly reach a level of incompetence. I don’t think Collins is lazy nor do I think he’d be complacent sitting on a pile of money and retiring at 51.

Ramble1885

Helluva Engineer
Deion would be a good fit. Atlanta knows him and he knows the city. Recruits would definitely come in. Also, he would make it so that less players transfer out if we fire Collins. As for the academics, as long as he doesn’t embarrass the institution and brings a winning product onto the field, he’ll be fine. The media would also give us spotlight with him as coach.

GoldZ

Ramblin' Wreck
Desperation and panic seldom lead to anything other than more of same. True for the market, true for the corporate world, true in a fire or most dangerous situations, and apparently true the last time we hired a coach. Bobby Ross and Paul Johnson were proven entities when we hired them, so shouldn't we learn from our successes ?

DaDodd

Jolly Good Fellow
If Brian Bohannan is not the first name on the list, GT is making a huge mistake
The new cut block rules are making option offences hard to run. You are no longer allowed to block below the knees outside of the tackle box. So now those smaller A backs cannot swing outside an block defenders with a dive. Before this ruling I'd be ok going back to Monken or Bohannan but I think this new rule will significantly change how option offence run.

Roswellgoldmember

Georgia Tech Fan
Steppingstones are a good deal. You get a good coach for a while and money when they leave. It's win-win. And they should leave you better off than when they arrived.
I don't have a problem being a stepping stone, Baylor for example has done very well with this approach.

LawTalkin Jacket

Jolly Good Fellow
I am 1000% in favor of Deion to GT! He could be Klng of ATL again and he may want to stick it to FSU since they hired Norvell and never gave him a look. He could leave for Dallas Cowboys if they offered. As far as academics goes, he seems to be a major proponent of kids going to classes and getting educated. He would would sell the crap out of ATL, way better than CGC has, and he could back it up with major MIL deals for athletes. I am praying for this.

TooTall

Helluva Engineer
I keep hearing that he would leave us for a minute for Dallas Cowboys. Since he went to their rivals (49ers) I don't believe he has roots anywhere. He was a major force in ATL because of his talent and the timing. Deion is all about Deion. But he has shown that he does care about his players. I'd rather have Chadwell, but Prime Time is a good card to have in your hand.

GT11

GT Athlete
I am 1000% in favor of Deion to GT! He could be Klng of ATL again and he may want to stick it to FSU since they hired Norvell and never gave him a look. He could leave for Dallas Cowboys if they offered. As far as academics goes, he seems to be a major proponent of kids going to classes and getting educated. He would would sell the crap out of ATL, way better than CGC has, and he could back it up with major MIL deals for athletes. I am praying for this.
Have you seen his requirements for the team? Sit in the front of the class, no tank tops, no slides are just some of them

Status
Not open for further replies.