Deion/ GT having discussion?

Status
Not open for further replies.

JacketOff

Helluva Engineer
Steppingstones are a good deal. You get a good coach for a while and money when they leave. It's win-win. And they should leave you better off than when they arrived.
Honestly it’s probably best case scenario for the state of our program right now. Theoretically get 2-4 good years, raise the status of the program, then turn around and make a quick buck on the buyout.

Lavoisier

Ramblin' Wreck
Would not want prime here. Jackson State has had success by out-talenting nearly every other team they face which is the exact opposite of what GT will ever be doing. He’s also struggled against teams that he has 10x more talent than. He wasn’t exactly winning by blowouts against some BAD teams last year. SC State also laid a whooping on them in the celebration bowl 💪🏾

GTLorenzo

Helluva Engineer
While I think CDS could potentially end up like Collins if he were to come here next, I think he has 10x the cache with both recruits and the city of Atlanta, and is better positioned for success. He would be able to get more donations and fan interest as well. Make sure he has decent coordinators and position coaches, and we'd be reeling in probably the best recruiting classes Tech had ever seen and possibly even some 5 stars.

I’d be willing to give it a try. You would have to get him good assistance, but I bet he could bring in some serious recruits.

CEB

Helluva Engineer
Would not want prime here. Jackson State has had success by out-talenting nearly every other team they face which is the exact opposite of what GT will ever be doing. He’s also struggled against teams that he has 10x more talent than. He wasn’t exactly winning by blowouts against some BAD teams last year. SC State also laid a whooping on them in the celebration bowl 💪🏾
I have to say the prospect of this hire is very intriguing, and the excitement level would be through the roof. BUT everything you just wrote is my biggest fear. There is no reason we can’t recruit well, but I also don’t think we can out recruit our schedule. We need someone with coaching chops in addition to good recruits.

bke1984

Helluva Engineer
So a sideline reporter for the Jacksonville Jaguars and nighttime radio host gained this inside information when no one else has? OK...I guess it has to be true

What an awesome example of how untrustworthy information from the media has become. Our society is like a middle school rumor mill.

Thwg777

Jolly Good Fellow
Well there's been buzz about this before :)

I think it's a really interesting scenario and do believe it could continue to pay dividends in recruiting and raising money. I wonder if there's any likelihood Collins could be talked down to taking DC at less pay? Obviously at face-value he has the upper-hand contract-wise but in terms of future career potential, it'd be in his best interest to hang around in some capacity until things do turnaround compared to a crash, burn, and fired scenario.

JacketOff

Helluva Engineer
So a sideline reporter for the Jacksonville Jaguars and nighttime radio host gained this inside information when no one else has? OK...I guess it has to be true

What an awesome example of how untrustworthy information from the media has become. Our society is like a middle school rumor mill.
I don’t think anyone thinks this is true lol. It’s literally just a rumor. Nobody is acting like Tech is rushing out the door to hire Deion. It’s way more likely Collins is here again next year than it is Deion is.

What an awesome example of somebody running the opposite direction screaming “fake news” that our society has become.

4shotB

Helluva Engineer
Retired Staff
Read he was 55, made me feel old.

We all know who Neon Deion is. But do the kids know? Could this be similar to hiring to Leon Hart or Doak Walker back when we were in school? In case you don't know who these guys are, they are Heisman winners from the 1950's. What I am saying here is this....to some of us, we saw Deion in his prime and it seems like not so long ago. But to kids, 30+ years ago is about the same time frame as when dinosaurs walked the earth or Columbus discovered America or the Great Depression (not the one when the housing market crashed or the one we are currently in but the first one).

I say this as a high school teacher. But, thanks unto God or whomever you refer to as your higher power, all the kids I teach know who Led Zeppelin is. So there is some hope for this younger generation yet. Rock on.

bke1984

Helluva Engineer
I don’t think anyone thinks this is true lol. It’s literally just a rumor. Nobody is acting like Tech is rushing out the door to hire Deion. It’s way more likely Collins is here again next year than it is Deion is.

What an awesome example of somebody running the opposite direction screaming “fake news” that our society has become.
Of course people believe it’s true. We have a not insignificant portion of people that think the Earth is flat because someone said it is.

Status
Not open for further replies.