Dec 2

tmhunter52

Helluva Engineer
I wonder if TStan believes we won't win any of the next 3 games, so a Dec 2 game wouldn't make any difference...

GTFLETCH

Banned
I wonder if TStan believes we won't win any of the next 3 games, so a Dec 2 game wouldn't make any difference...
I do not think that has anything to do with it, because playing 11 games, winning "5" gets you bowl eligible.... scheduling a 12 game and hosting UTSA allows for more money at the gate, and fans another home game and the Seniors a 12th game... It may give UTSA another game and a nice payout... we will see.....

Scheduling Houston may not be an option.... UTSA might be easier, but I would take either!!!

stech81

Helluva Engineer
I do not think that has anything to do with it, because playing 11 games, winning "5" gets you bowl eligible.... scheduling a 12 game and hosting UTSA allows for more money at the gate, and fans another home game and the Seniors a 12th game... It may give UTSA another game and a nice payout... we will see.....

Scheduling Houston may not be an option.... UTSA might be easier, but I would take either!!!
Let's be realistic , short notice , short time to sell tickets , I hate to say it but your be luckily to have 25,000 at the game.

GTFLETCH

Banned
Let's be realistic , short notice , short time to sell tickets , I hate to say it but your be luckily to have 25,000 at the game.
So 25K is in line with Duke home attendance, plus TV $$, and to factor in that the 12th game was suppose to be an away game and we draw 25K at the gate... and Concessions...this is money for a program that has a hard time with raising money.

So you are correct Georgia Tech is not going to hit the jackpot, however it is $$ that we could use and it is the right thing to do in regards to for the SA (especially the seniors) and even with the fans!! Lets build something special!!!

GTFLETCH

Banned

Also.... worst case we play them play them at In San Antonio (they were suppose to Host Houston, and lost a Home game... I bet we could sign a future series with them.... San Antonio is not a bad place to visit....

stech81

Helluva Engineer
So 25K is in line with Duke home attendance, plus TV $$, and to factor in that the 12th game was suppose to be an away game and we draw 25K at the gate... and Concessions...this is money for a program that has a hard time with raising money.

So you are correct Georgia Tech is not going to hit the jackpot, however it is $$ that we could use and it is the right thing to do in regards to for the SA (especially the seniors) and even with the fans!! Lets build something special!!!
Don't get me wrong I would love to see the team get to play a 12th game . but we are down to only 24days. I'm just not sure it can be put together that quick.

Also it could help with recruiting in Texas , at one time we did get a few players from Texas.

stech81

Helluva Engineer
Ok question for someone smarter than me. Because we are talking about a 12th game that could be on TV does that matter. Does the conference not get the money fot the TV rights ? Also does anyone know if the money for TV ( only ) is spilt even ? If it is would it not matter if a team in the ACC is only on TV 5 vs a team on 12 times ?