CPJ needs to be fired

sidewalkGTfan

Helluva Engineer
I know he isn't. What kills me is the contract extension after a decent season. When will this stop ? The administration does some really foolish things after a good season.
He was extended after the 14 season which was a great season. His contract was gonna expire in 16, so they had to do something with the way recruiting is.

75southjacket

Banned
Are we really missing out on 5 star players because of our offense?
Did I mention anything about 5 star players ? Have you been down to yellow jacket alley this year ? We are so undersized at almost every position. TM is the size of a D back at 99.9 % of all D1 school. If you don't see that the Offense pushes more talented kids away , than maybe you should take a long hard look into the modern age of 2017 college football. Now , am I saying our players suck ? No absolutely not. Our players are decent and they fight and play their butts off! I don't see Johnson and his offense winning at the highest level. Never going to happen.

GT_05

Helluva Engineer
Then compete in academic bowls not football.

We probably do compete in academic bowls.

The primary focus of every college should be academics, not athletics. I’m not interested in making a GT degree less valuable in the pursuit of athletics. However, I believe it is possible to excel at both.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

33jacket

Helluva Engineer
T-Stan has a good head on his shoulders.

The problem is. I keep hearing about all this support. He has been here a year. No increase in shadow staff.

Nothing kicked off yet. Are they waiting for gregory payments to end in april and the adidas contract to kick in?

I get words are nice. But people need to be in seats soon

I hope it starts getting done this offseason

Heisman1215

Jolly Good Fellow
Did I mention anything about 5 star players ? Have you been down to yellow jacket alley this year ? We are so undersized at almost every position. TM is the size of a D back at 99.9 % of all D1 school. If you don't see that the Offense pushes more talented kids away , than maybe you should take a long hard look into the modern age of 2017 college football. Now , am I saying our players suck ? No absolutely not. Our players are decent and they fight and play their butts off! I don't see Johnson and his offense winning at the highest level. Never going to happen.
Is it true that the QB from Cartersville T. Lawrence grew up a Tech fan?

A Love Supreme

Ramblin' Wreck

Besides the obvious pro style pocket passing QB, can you please give an example of a "more talented kid" being pushed away specifically because of CPJ's offense?

GTFLETCH

Banned
TStan offered a plan (suggestion) to convert part of the upper north to a pavilion area. That would decrease the number of seats plus add something new that might appeal to fans. I'm all for it. I agree that as things stand now, the stadium is just too large.

The issues is not seats and gimmicks.... They need to win.... and win 8 to 9 games year in and year out to grow the fan base.

With Bronco at UVA and Mark Richt at Miami... we may be in for more 5 and 6 win seasons..

So the question becomes can Coach Johnson get the ship turned back in the right direction and get the job done???

75southjacket

Banned
Besides the obvious pro style pocket passing QB, can you please give an example of a "more talented kid" being pushed away specifically because of CPJ's offense?
I don't talk to high school recruits on a daily basis and never will. But what I can assure you is , most of the talent you need to win at a consistent level is not coming to tech to play football.

TheSilasSonRising

Helluva Engineer
I didn't say we have to run everything Pj runs and you would be crazy to think someone in his coaching tree wouldn' have some more innovative ideas. Navy for example has actually gotten better as a program since PJ left. Army has won 8 games this year. Kennesaw State has done very well for a program just starting out. It' absurd to think PJ is the only person who knows how to run the option

Option is, basically, a certain set of plays. Nothing wrong with it.

But what were we today, 2 for 9 passing? A major conference college football team! With every snap under center?

What crap. And just more arrogance from the HC.

IF he were ever try and make significant changes that worked, that would betray his loyalty to what he has tried to do all the time otherwise. He won’t do it. His philosophy, to him, is more important than the team.

And in the post game press conference, another WR & QB were thrown under the bus. Our S/As that he refuses to, or can not, put in position to help them.

75southjacket

Banned
Option is, basically, a certain set of plays. Nothing wrong with it.

But what were we today, 2 for 9 passing? A major conference college football team! With every snap under center?

What crap. And just more arrogance from the HC.

IF he were ever try and make significant changes that worked, that would betray his loyalty to what he has tried to do all the time otherwise. He won’t do it. His philosophy, to him, is more important than the team.

And in the post game press conference, another WR & QB were thrown under the bus. Our S/As that he refuses to, or can not, put in position to help them.
You nalied it here Eli!