CPJ needs to be fired

GT_05

Helluva Engineer
I guess some people use the same eye-test that the committee used last year to determine that Ohio State was one of the best four teams in the country.

Clemson says “thank you”. 31-0

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Augusta_Jacket

Staff member
Do you think Johnson needs to change Anything on the Offense side of the ball ? Remember, tech is dead last in the power 5 in passing.

Yes. But I am going to keep quiet on the specific change as this board is not the place for my opinion to be expressed. I am still fairly confident in CPJ, though.

75southjacket

Banned
Passing game sucked this year and needs some fixes. That I agree with wholeheartedly. But if you make a coaching change at Tech after every disappointing season you will be making a change every two years.

Are we doing as good in year 10 as I foresaw 4 years ago? No. Has our staff been unnecessarily and unfairly handcuffed while other programs expand their operations during this time? Absolutely.

You have to look at the big picture. Not make decisions off emotions if you want to succeed.
I toned you down some with my argument lol ! Good , now we are heading towards the right direction. Bottom lines is , Johnson has peaked at Tech. I can't stand up for anymore after year 10 and we continue to look subpart from most power 5 schools.

Jacketman1

Ramblin' Wreck
No one is happy with 5 wins, but if you saw what Paul had to work with this year you’d understand. I️ Love TaQuon but he’s not a QB. Tech does not have an ACC caliber QB on it’s roster. Before you say anything about Lucas Johnson, he was a 2 Star heading to San Deigo st. Before Tech came into the picture, so he’s not ACC Caliber. Also Tech played all year with 1 BB. Paul refused to give Jerry a chance for whatever reason that was. The OLine was supposed to be Paul’s best ever but we thought wrong. Felt like the Wide receivers quit on their routes early because they couldn’t trust their QB to make a throw. Defense was up and down, and because of that Ted will be fired, I’m going to Miss the Austin’s and Corey but we have guys better than them ready to take that spot. Whether it’s Johnson Campbell, or the freshman Kerr, Askew, Swilling. I️ feel like at some times we played players because of experience not because of their ability. (Brant shouldn’t have been on the field, Bruce is a better player with a higher ceiling)
The most frustrating part of the season is how we handled RedShirting players. We burned Jaytlin’s, Jaquan’s, Tariq’s, Td’s, for what? Special Teams? made no sense to me.
Mostly agree, but we haven't seen Lucas. How do we know he's not an ACC player if he hasn't thrown a single pass or carried the ball? Lynch was a 2 star who flipped from GA State to us late in the recruiting process. Corey Griffin was a 2 star who flipped from UAB. Are they ACC caliber players? Yes. Lucas very well could be.

75southjacket

Banned
Yes. But I am going to keep quiet on the specific change as this board is not the place for my opinion to be expressed. I am still fairly confident in CPJ, though.
He is to stubborn to make the changes that need to be made. He has done some great things at tech but the time has come . I am probably much younger than some of you. I want to see a younger coach and that will bring a modern product to Bobby Dodd on Saturdays. I want a coach that has energy and can bring back the buzz. Our fan base is broken!

Whiskey_Clear

Banned
I toned you down some with my argument lol ! Good , now we are heading towards the right direction. Bottom lines is , Johnson has peaked at Tech. I can't stand up for anymore after year 10 and we continue to look subpart from most power 5 schools.

Toned me down. Man please. You are a fool if you think so. Your points have all been imbecilic and a mostly childish hyperbole. Discussion with you in these matters is akin to similar discussions I have had with ignorant mutt fans that have tried to troll me.

JorgeJonas

Helluva Engineer
He is to stubborn to make the changes that need to be made. He has done some great things at tech but the time has come . I am probably much younger than some of you. I want to see a younger coach and that will bring a modern product to Bobby Dodd on Saturdays. I want a coach that has energy and can bring back the buzz. Our fan base is broken!
I wanna see a unicorn, but sometimes I don’t get what I want.

H-Wade

Ramblin' Wreck
Most are going to think I'm nuts. But at 55,000 our Stadium is too large for our fan base. Face facts the only time we sell out is uga , Clemson , or someone like ND. When we were at 46,000 or 48,000 even the bad games we had 44,000. 44,000 looks better in a stadium the seats 46,000 then one that seats 55,000. It could give us back our home field and looks better to recruits and on TV. Yes I know you can take down part of the stadium but want you could do is take out the bench seats and put chair seats to give the fans more room. Don't know about Y'all and maybe I'm too fat but my big bottom don't fit in the 30 inches they give us now. And who knows maybe they could add $5 to the price of the tickets if people were comfor

I actually think this is a genius idea. Take out all of the bleachers and replace them with chairback seats reducing the stadium to about 45,000 or so would make it a hot ticket again. I'm not sure how much something like that would cost though.

wvGT11

Helluva Engineer
I actually think this is a genius idea. Take out all of the bleachers and replace them with chairback seats reducing the stadium to about 45,000 or so would make it a hot ticket again. I'm not sure how much something like that would cost though.

I wish our stadium had a grass area at one of the endzones like Georgia Southern or Clemson. Its not like the students are really filling up both endzones

JorgeJonas

Helluva Engineer
They'll need to seriously reduce ticket prices and start selling beer to move tickets next year. Winning solves all problems and losing creates them.
Except that winning doesn’t solve problems. If it did, 2015 would have had capacity crowds. And so would 2017. We keep expecting the results to precede the commitment. In fact, the opposite must be true.

g0lftime

Helluva Engineer
Here are my observations from being at the game.
1. We need a speed receiver and not 2 posession guys at the same time so we can get more attention by the corners and a safety. They played us straight up today and other than the td had us covered. We need to force double coverage on at least one receiver every play.
2. Our CB's this year were too small. Ok speed but not blazing. We got juked and run over today by bigger guys.
3. We were beat by bigger and more physical guys. They manhandled us on both sides of the ball. They were big. Even Shamire didn't look that big today.
4. They didn't stack the box. They didn't need to. Our little backs couldn't block them. They had us outnumbered on the edge since we couldn't block them. We need more size. We just tried to outrun them and couldn't turn up field.
5. The difference in having 4* and 5* players was so obvious today. We were physically whipped today.
6. Passing is now necessary in football. Holding is allowed so better take advantage of it. How many holding calls on Duke or the mutts. I don't recall any.
7. Recruiting has got to improve. We need a high energy enthusiastic set of recruiters on the staff. And I mean really get with it like our BB coach. We have to be relentless. Not sure PJ has it in him. He just seems to want to call plays. Not sure he is fun to be around. That matters.

Enough said for now.

Tech93

Helluva Engineer
Seems Tech should give some of the empty end zone tickets away to elementary schools in the area..,good way to build loyal fans down the road

75southjacket

Banned
1. We need a speed receiver and not 2 posession guys at the same time so we can get more attention by the corners and a safety. They played us straight up today and other than the td had us covered. We need to force double coverage on at least one receiver every play.
2. Our CB's this year were too small. Ok speed but not blazing. We got juked and run over today by bigger guys.
3. We were beat by bigger and more physical guys. They manhandled us on both sides of the ball. They were big. Even Shamire didn't look that big today.
4. They didn't stack the box. They didn't need to. Our little backs couldn't block them. They had us outnumbered on the edge since we couldn't block them. We need more size. We just tried to outrun them and couldn't turn up field.
5. The difference in having 4* and 5* players was so obvious today. We were physically whipped today.
6. Passing is now necessary in football. Holding is allowed so better take advantage of it. How many holding calls on Duke or the mutts. I don't recall any.
7. Recruiting has got to improve. We need a high energy enthusiastic set of recruiters on the staff. And I mean really get with it like our BB coach. We have to be relentless. Not sure PJ has it in him. He just seems to want to call plays. Not sure he is fun to be around. That matters.

Enough said for now.
Can you make Whiskey read this 1000x tomorrow after he wakes up from his bottle.

H-Wade

Ramblin' Wreck

Enough said for now.

Spot. On.

g0lftime

Helluva Engineer
One other thing. The mutts were a running team. They weren't in a wishbone and they ran out of the spread and under center. Surprised Eason didn't pass on us but they just ran to eat clock when he came in. They didn't need a TO or wishbone to run it. Their back would take the handoff and then quick lateral step to read the hole. It was very effective.