CPJ needs to be fired

RonJohn

Helluva Engineer
I'm tired of this excuse. In life we all have budgets and economics we need to work within.

And people with a minimum wage budget aren't able to drive BMWs and live in expensive parts of town. If you are tired of performing less than UGA and Clemson, you need to work to get the GT budget on their level.

Gray Fox

GT Athlete
Can't see CPJ getting fired. He's run a clean program and graduates players like no one at GT (since the '80s at least). That wins him the administration. And as someone else mentioned, he's just now seeing an uptick in resources. Tstan isn't firing him without giving him a chance with a couple of years of resources.

My guess is he retires in 2 years.

RonJohn

Helluva Engineer
Can't see CPJ getting fired. He's run a clean program and graduates players like no one at GT (since the '80s at least). That wins him the administration. And as someone else mentioned, he's just now seeing an uptick in resources. Tstan isn't firing him without giving him a chance with a couple of years of resources.

I hope he stays longer. I wouldn't be surprised if he retires this year. He has said before that when he isn't having fun anymore he will hang it up.

tech_wreck47

Helluva Engineer
I'm tired of this excuse. In life we all have budgets and economics we need to work within.
Yes, but let's say company A is a competitor with company B and company B is given double the resources that company A has, what company will be more successful? Is It realistic to think company A can keep up with company B. How about your boss tells you to increase sales by 10 percent and that you can hire some help, when you go to hire someone your boss says they cost to much, at that point you hire someone that cost the company less money and you end up only increasing sales by 5 percent, was that fair on you that you were not given the proper resources that you knew you needed to meet the 10 percent goal?

CHE90

Jolly Good Fellow
Yes, but let's say company A is a competitor with company B and company B is given double the resources that company A has, what company will be more successful? Is It realistic to think company A can keep up with company B. How about your boss tells you to increase sales by 10 percent and that you can hire some help, when you go to hire someone your boss says they cost to much, at that point you hire someone that cost the company less money and you end up only increasing sales by 5 percent, was that fair on you that you were not given the proper resources that you knew you needed to meet the 10 percent goal?
So if we can Roof, all of a sudden we get the budget to hire who CPJ wants and this will take us to the promised land? My original point is CPJ has a budget for his assistants (per all the posters on GTSwarm). Because of this constraint, he can't get who he wants for DC, so he has to "settle" for something less. Accordingly, we get poor results. CPJ tries again and same result. Now we are on DC #3 and same result. He is to blame. Or maybe as you suggest, the management of this company does not give him the resources he needs to succeed. If that's the case, then there is no hope going forward. If management of the company won't give the resources to get "who he wants", then how is firing Roof and hiring another person who CPJ doesn't want going to improve the D?

RonJohn

Helluva Engineer
So if we can Roof, all of a sudden we get the budget to hire who CPJ wants and this will take us to the promised land? My original point is CPJ has a budget for his assistants (per all the posters on GTSwarm). Because of this constraint, he can't get who he wants for DC, so he has to "settle" for something less. Accordingly, we get poor results. CPJ tries again and same result. Now we are on DC #3 and same result. He is to blame. Or maybe as you suggest, the management of this company does not give him the resources he needs to succeed. If that's the case, then there is no hope going forward. If management of the company won't give the resources to get "who he wants", then how is firing Roof and hiring another person who CPJ doesn't want going to improve the D?

Management of his company has revenue based on donations from fans. Fans who want improvement refuse to provide the funds needed to do the things they demand. The fundraising campaign is now over. 274 people donated. That should tell you who is at fault for the budget constraints.

tmhunter52

Helluva Engineer
It's tough tirning around a program that has been mediocre for the better part of 50 years, but it can be done. The best way is to put a better product on the field. Do that and more people will come.

GTFLETCH

Banned

Unless Nebraska makes a run at Coach Johnson he will be here through 2020. I also think is that Ted Roof is safe. There was something wrong in the locker room this year. I hope they get that fixed.

What is more concerning is the 2014 and 2015 recruiting classes that Ted Roof was credited for has missed bowl games in 2015 and 2017. I am concerned that maybe our recruiting efforts were over stated!

Scubapro

Banned
I usually just lurk around this board but after the losses this year people want to fire coaches. Now speak up.

Which coach do you want and why?

But be specific, don’t give jawja answers such as ‘because’

Provide why they will improve tech thru recruiting, scheme and motivation

How will they deal with limited support from the Institute?

Keep in mind, no matter who Tech hires as our next coach the Hill will hamstring them for at least three years until the coach proves that he can recruit players that can cut it at Tech.

Also, every Tech head coach that could leave for a better job did so. This also tells me the Hill creates a hostile work environment.

Who would come to Tech and why?

GTFLETCH

Banned
Except that winning doesn’t solve problems. If it did, 2015 would have had capacity crowds. And so would 2017. We keep expecting the results to precede the commitment. In fact, the opposite must be true.
12 Sept 2015- Tulane (did not travel that well) over 50K (why? Becuase 2014 we won)
3 Oct 2015- UNC (I guess they must have traveled well) over 50K
Then the fans realized 2015 was a train wreck and did not show....

2017 - over 42K in Season tickets and fans a Buzz to face Tenn in a Chick fil A kickoff. Only to have the Star RB from the team dismissed a few days before, and a double OT loss that we should have won.

I can go on and on about 2017, but my point is folks will show if Georgia Tech could ever put back to back 9 win season together. The problem is they haven't.

Now about commitment, I agree that there are some who have high expectations and low commitment and that will have to change if we are ever to put back to back 9 win season together.

Oldgoldandwhite

Helluva Engineer
I think we are about 10 million reasons away from Saban. There will be a lot of assistants looking for jobs this off season, but don’t know what will be available.
Bottom line is we need better Joes than x’s and o’s