CPJ needs to be fired

THWG

Helluva Engineer
god i hope not.

If we hire a new dc allow him to hire his own staff for sure. Andy is not it
Why not? I'm just curious as to your opinion why because he is by far the best recruiter on the staff and his position groups are always the best coached.

33jacket

Helluva Engineer
Why not? I'm just curious as to your opinion why because he is by far the best recruiter on the staff and his position groups are always the best coached.

Recruiting is not where it can be. Period. Andy is exactly what you say. True. But its like being the tallest midget. Imo we need new blood in the program too.

I like andy. I know some of his family. His brother. Good folks. If we kept him. Ok in a position coach role. Fine. For me thats where he is

THWG

Helluva Engineer
Recruiting is not where it can be. Period. Andy is exactly what you say. True. But its like being the shortest midget. Imo we need new blood in the program too.

I like andy. I know some of his family. His brother. Good folks. If we kept him. Ok in a position coach role. Fine. For me thats where he is
I agree with that.

33jacket

Helluva Engineer
Who would you like to see as the new DC?

Love some of the guys that come from tcu scheme. Its a variation of jimmy johnson 4-3 over that is essentially in alot of cover 2 but its aggressive as hell. The fronts own the same gaps each play and attack the hell out of them vs head up. I would start there. Corners are aggressive. Needs rangy S that can drop into the box. But maybe we start there

THWG

Helluva Engineer
I want a younger, firery guy that is aggressive as hell. With our O that eats up clock we need and aggressive d that can create turnovers and negative plays. I’d like Charles Kelly but there are several options.
Charles Kelly is 2nd on my list behind McColloum, but I agree with you and @33jacket that we need to get someone very aggressive and fiery.

Cam

Helluva Engineer
Who would you like to see as the new DC?
This link below is outdated by a year, but Ted Roof is #29 in assistant coach salary. We could take a look at any of the rising DCs that get paid less and promise Roof's salary. I'm frankly not knowledgeable enough outside of checking their defensive FEI over the years to make too much of an educated decision. Assuming Charles Kelley at FSU is fired, some have talked about having him come back since the players seemed to love him. Would probably take the small pay cut.
http://sports.usatoday.com/ncaa/salaries/football/assistant

MikeJackets1967

Helluva Engineer
This link below is outdated by a year, but Ted Roof is #29 in assistant coach salary. We could take a look at any of the rising DCs that get paid less and promise Roof's salary. I'm frankly not knowledgeable enough outside of checking their defensive FEI over the years to make too much of an educated decision. Assuming Charles Kelley at FSU is fired, some have talked about having him come back since the players seemed to love him. Would probably take the small pay cut.
http://sports.usatoday.com/ncaa/salaries/football/assistant
Another good pick would be the South Carolina DC Jon Hoke

Biggest problems I see. So many GT alumni/ older fans live in the past and make excuses for the present. Other schools attendance is always brought up the reason has been said on here many times. We don’t have many sidewalk fans those are who fill stadiums. I am a sidewalk fan and I donate to GT that is another excuse. We as sidewalk fans have no input to the admin/athletic director. The ones who do don’t say anything negative or withhold funds to see changes. Then us sidewalk fans have to read on here well this is Tech the Institue. Well if you really want more fans you have to EARN them. Not sit idle and hope to see a change. I am a yuge Tech fan and will support basketball and baseball but t football I’m starting to stale on. Basketball is on the upswing and baseball is consistent. Why are we not constrained in those sports, like I read on here the way we are in football. Just my thoughts if you don’t like it I don’t care.

Jacket in Dairyland

Helluva Engineer
They are good representatives for GT. But they come to GT for a backup to football. Makes sense, but they aren't the best HS athletes. And they'll do fine in life.
Totally agree. But we seem to think that " next year" will be soooo much better because of a year of experience and better recruits coming in. Hasn't happened so far, and won't with the recruiting and TO hurdles we face.