CPJ needs to be fired

Animal02

Banned
Biggest problems I see. So many GT alumni/ older fans live in the past and make excuses for the present. Other schools attendance is always brought up the reason has been said on here many times. We don’t have many sidewalk fans those are who fill stadiums. I am a sidewalk fan and I donate to GT that is another excuse. We as sidewalk fans have no input to the admin/athletic director. The ones who do don’t say anything negative or withhold funds to see changes. Then us sidewalk fans have to read on here well this is Tech the Institue. Well if you really want more fans you have to EARN them. Not sit idle and hope to see a change. I am a yuge Tech fan and will support basketball and baseball but t football I’m starting to stale on. Basketball is on the upswing and baseball is consistent. Why are we not constrained in those sports, like I read on here the way we are in football. Just my thoughts if you don’t like it I don’t care.
Same constraints with B.B.......Tech will never have the deep bench....kids will not ride the pine waiting their turn while putting up with the academics. Baseball is a bit different....my nderstanding is the Hope scholarships play in Techs favor.

75southjacket

Banned
On a different note , any thoughts on the stadium being a home for the Dawgs today? These big money people that have pull at GT better figure out the solution or tech is heading into a downward spiral of being the Duke of the conference.

No one is happy with 5 wins, but if you saw what Paul had to work with this year you’d understand. I️ Love TaQuon but he’s not a QB. Tech does not have an ACC caliber QB on it’s roster. Before you say anything about Lucas Johnson, he was a 2 Star heading to San Deigo st. Before Tech came into the picture, so he’s not ACC Caliber. Also Tech played all year with 1 BB. Paul refused to give Jerry a chance for whatever reason that was. The OLine was supposed to be Paul’s best ever but we thought wrong. Felt like the Wide receivers quit on their routes early because they couldn’t trust their QB to make a throw. Defense was up and down, and because of that Ted will be fired, I’m going to Miss the Austin’s and Corey but we have guys better than them ready to take that spot. Whether it’s Johnson Campbell, or the freshman Kerr, Askew, Swilling. I️ feel like at some times we played players because of experience not because of their ability. (Brant shouldn’t have been on the field, Bruce is a better player with a higher ceiling)
The most frustrating part of the season is how we handled RedShirting players. We burned Jaytlin’s, Jaquan’s, Tariq’s, Td’s, for what? Special Teams? made no sense to me.
You are posting this as if Paul had nothing to do with this year's roster. Or as if Paul had nothing to do with who his QB was going to be. This is year 10 friend. Paul is 100% responsible for 100% of this team. He should be fired for special teams alone.

Animal02

Banned
On a different note , any thoughts on the stadium being a home for the Dawgs today? These big money people that have pull at GT better figure out the solution or tech is heading into a downward spiral of being the Duke of the conference.
Would like to know how many season tickets ended up being sold to the mutts and vols.

75southjacket

Banned
I have reached out to Stansbury , hopefully I can get a conversation with him. I am 27 going on 28 and Tech is lucky to have did hard fans like myself after the Gailey years. I Stuck with them and it's in my blood now. My point of age was , Tech lacks " Swag" we lack energy and excitement. I have a few ideas that helped my high school team. Our little small town of 15,000 buzzes on Friday nights.

RyanS12

Helluva Engineer
It was not that way in the late 90s. There is no excitement surrounding our program. The " sidewalk " fan doesn't want to come watch the option.
If we can ever build off a good year and put 2-3 in a row the offense won't matter. We can't sustain a successful level of play. 2009 turns to 2010. 2011 we start out 6-0, end 8-5. 2014 turns into 2015. Last year turns into this year. Put 3-4 8/9 win seasons in a row together we will attract more fans. The offense is actually a thing of beauty to die hard football fans but it had to be run like Oklahoma or Nebraska in the 80's& 90's.

GTfan4Life

Jolly Good Fellow
Would like to know how many season tickets ended up being sold to the mutts and vols.

I can deal with the season tickets sold to Mutt fans - if they can afford it and are willing, what can you do? My problem is when I see so many Stinger Seats occupied by Mutts. GT season ticket holders who sold out for the game. Not right. Not in my mind.

75southjacket

Banned
If we can ever build off a good year and put 2-3 in a row the offense won't matter. We can't sustain a successful level of play. 2009 turns to 2010. 2011 we start out 6-0, end 8-5. 2014 turns into 2015. Last year turns into this year. Put 3-4 8/9 win seasons in a row together we will attract more fans. The offense is actually a thing of beauty to die hard football fans but it had to be run like Oklahoma or Nebraska in the 80's& 90's.
This Offense is not a "thing of beauty" . We have put together some decent numbers up over the years but if you want to win at a High level, you better be Balanced and play solid D. Have you seen our passing game lately ? It looks like middle school ball.

RyanS12

Helluva Engineer
This Offense is not a "thing of beauty" . We have put together some decent numbers up over the years but if you want to win at a High level, you better be Balanced and play solid D. Have you seen our passing game lately ? It looks like middle school ball.
I have an I said if it's run like Oklahoma or Nebraska in the 80's and 90's. Hell 2014 was just as good as those teams.