CPJ needs to be fired

TheSilasSonRising

Helluva Engineer
IMO we ride w coach and let him finish his contract. We will only know if we want more T O if we give it coach his full term.
His legacy is will t o work, y. Or n

We can not just let him “finish his contract”. By, no later than 2019, you have to either extend or not. If no extension, that is the same as dead man walking and screw that recruiting class.

75southjacket

Banned
Nobody has mentioned Mike Pelton into the conversation of being fired. His position group is the teams Achilles's hill. You guys can talk about anything you want but , the D line is 65-70% of the teams problem.

BootsCostMoney

Georgia Tech Fan
Part of the reason there’s not much fan involvement or interest in the football program has a lot to do with the demographic makeup of the student body and how it has drastically changed these last few decades. Lots of students/younger alumni are not from the South (or this country for that matter) and have little or no interest in American football. For God’s sake, they have to have an oriention for new students that explains when they need to cheer and why. Not gonna have a packed stadium when your students and graduates from the last 3 or 4 decades could care less about it. Win or lose, don’t matter.

potatohead

Ramblin' Wreck
Sorry for the screwup,Potato!:rolleyes: I could very well see the next GT coach being Scott Satterfield,John Grass or Brian Bohannon. GT could easily afford them and they are all up and comers.

I like the idea of picking up an up and comer and paying them 2mm/year and then paying a stud d coordinator 1mm. I think we're all in on CPJ around 3. I know dabo was making peanuts initially and they surrounded him with good assistants. Really we need someone to inject excitement into the program. Winning helps on excitement but there is so much more head coaches can do. CPJ is what he is...love him, but he's not going to change.

MikeJackets1967

Helluva Engineer
I like the idea of picking up an up and comer and paying them 2mm/year and then paying a stud d coordinator 1mm. I think we're all in on CPJ around 3. I know dabo was making peanuts initially and they surrounded him with good assistants. Really we need someone to inject excitement into the program. Winning helps on excitement but there is so much more head coaches can do. CPJ is what he is...love him, but he's not going to change.
(y)

COJacket

Ramblin' Wreck
What good asst coaches will come here? Knowing, and coaches talk to each other, that CPJ is on the very, very backend of his stint here?
Good point Silas. Maybe lure a good one that wants to be a HC candidate when PJ goes? Let’s say we cannot Then if we cannot afford a new HC right now; and there is tremendous competition for new HCs right now;we probably cannot get any good assistants out there that would want to come now; then I would leave PJ in place. Not to “accept mediocrity “ but to accept reality. TStan can then start to work the back channels to do a strategic change next year and not a knee jerk change. I would rather have PJ for another year with his potential upside than a knee jerk change. Give TStan some time. Let PJ seal his fate w one more year.

stech81

Helluva Engineer
Look I know people are pissed and have that right. But if you change a coach for the ones I'm seeing that still run the same offense can you really said they know the offense better than. CPJ. And if ( a big if ) you do find another coach who thinks he can Recruit the right players to run his offense you are looking at a few years of very bad offense. And what makes anyone thing they can recruit better with their hands tied.

MikeJackets1967

Helluva Engineer
Look I know people are pissed and have that right. But if you change a coach for the ones I'm seeing that still run the same offense can you really said they know the offense better than. CPJ. And if ( a big if ) you do find another coach who thinks he can Recruit the right players to run his offense you are looking at a few years of very bad offense. And what makes anyone thing they can recruit better with their hands tied.

(y)

Eli

Helluva Engineer

I would like to see us stay with the offense and a younger coach modify things. Navy has done it.

MikeJackets1967

Helluva Engineer
Hire someone like Scott Satterfield or John Grass and run a different offense;) If you want GT to use the same offense hire Brian Bohannon;)

Eli

Helluva Engineer
So just asking you really thing someone know this offense better than CPJ ? Now I would like to see a few more passes 5 10 yards and not all +20 yards .

No lol it's not about knowing Paul's version better than Paul. It's about having your own spin on the offense. Look at Scott Frost. Does he know chip Kellys offense better than chip kelly?

wvGT11

Helluva Engineer
Hey maybe all this talk about CPJ and if he will get fired or not will get him fired up for next year. Look at Auburn and Gus, he was in a similar boat