CPJ needs to be fired

lv20gt

Helluva Engineer
If this is what Tech wants than if Y'all think 5 wins are bad you're looking at a couple of really bad years to get the right players

Unfortunately our current system making it so costly to switch is probably the best argument for not changing coaches now. That's sad though.

chewybaka

Ramblin' Wreck
Time for some introspection in the program. Time to look for some changes to do things better.

An even better time for fans to reflect on themselves. The lack of support. You were embarrassed today? Biggest reason for that emotion was what was represented in the stands today, not on the field despite how poor that performance was.

There is a small number of hardcore Tech fans that represent through thick and thin. It is a decided minority. I tip my cap to them. The rest represent a quitter mentality that deserves contempt only.

The number of Tech fans in the stands today was pathetic. The noise they made, even in the first half, was weak.

What decent recruits would choose Tech over any of our rivals? Only those wishing to pursue engineering degrees. No others. We are pretty much on par with Duke and Wake in that regard. Congrats.
It's a chicken and egg dilemma...win and the casual by stander will come...lose and its only the core...when the first kickoff is muffed, the offense scores one touchdown and the defense puts up little resistance, it's a tough product to sell to grow a rabid fan base...

Animal02

Banned
Georgia Tech candidates are:

And it will remain that way for the foreseeable future. GT wants a better football program? GT needs to spend some more money. For a school that supposedly graduates all these millionaires, GT fans act like they deserve a Ferrari for the price of a Prius.
And I would bet a great many of those millionaires don't give a rip about football

33jacket

Helluva Engineer
Paul needs to clean house. Been saying it. Roof is a disaster. If he isnt one of em, hard for me to donate another dollar to tech.

Not that my few grand matters. But its a matter of principle.

Roof is simply at best an avg coach.

Now. We need more recruiting staff too. And Paul needs to take a HARD look in the mirror too. But ted has to go to start.

THWG

Helluva Engineer
Paul needs to clean house. Been saying it. Roof is a disaster. If he isnt one of em, hard for me to donate another dollar to tech.

Not that my few grand matters. But its a matter of principle.

Roof is simply at best an avg coach.

Now. We need more recruiting staff too. And Paul needs to take a HARD look in the mirror too. But ted has to go to start.
I think on offense Sewak needs to go and everyone else can stay. On defense though, Speed, Roof and Pelton need to go. We might want to think about promoting McColloum to DC.

GTNavyNuke

Helluva Engineer
Featured Member
Don't get lulled into thinking we have better players in the pipeline. That's just wishful thinking, IMO. They are good SAs and players, but not good enough to be more than an average team.

They are good representatives for GT. But they come to GT for a backup to football. Makes sense, but they aren't the best HS athletes. And they'll do fine in life.

33jacket

Helluva Engineer
I think on offense Sewak needs to go and everyone else can stay. On defense though, Speed, Roof and Pelton need to go. We might want to think about promoting McColloum to DC.

god i hope not.

If we hire a new dc allow him to hire his own staff for sure. Andy is not it