Coronavirus Thread

• Thread starter Deleted member 2897
  • Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.

Deleted member 2897

Tons of countries all over at 200,000-250,000+ population equivalent cases now. Countries like Iceland and Switzerland in pretty poor shape and more joining that list every day. Italy has had a third of their annual average flu deaths from Coronavirus in the last 2.5 weeks.

Milwaukee

Banned
Tons of countries all over at 200,000-250,000+ population equivalent cases now. Countries like Iceland and Switzerland in pretty poor shape and more joining that list every day. Italy has had a third of their annual average flu deaths from Coronavirus in the last 2.5 weeks.

You should probably wait until this is over in a few weeks. Your garbage numbers are continually skewed because you keep comparing everything that has not even happened based off a what, 2 or 3 week timeline? We get it, you’re freaking out.
You and the media need to chill, the China Virus is not a death sentence. Older people and compromised people will continue to die from the China Virus and they will ALSO continue to die from the flu. It sucks but it’s that time of year. China Virus will linger into summer for some just like the flu as well.

This too shall pass. Goosefrabba.

Deleted member 2897

You should probably wait until this is over in a few weeks. Your garbage numbers are continually skewed because you keep comparing everything that has not even happened based off a what, 2 or 3 week timeline? We get it, you’re freaking out.
You and the media need to chill, the China Virus is not a death sentence. Older people and compromised people will continue to die from the China Virus and they will ALSO continue to die from the flu. It sucks but it’s that time of year. China Virus will linger into summer for some just like the flu as well.

I remember when you said to shut up this would be over in a few weeks in contradiction of the science. And here we are again with you contradicting the science saying it will be over in a few weeks. Snake oil salesman. Sad. I’m not freaking out. It’s a bad look when you deny science and accuse people of all kinds of false things...and for what? Sad. Oh and PS, late March is not Flu season. Sad.

jwsavhGT

Helluva Engineer
Retired Staff

stech81

Helluva Engineer

You are right about one thing the numbers are garbage but they could be garbage because not everyone gets tested. Some that have it could be a very mild case and are still going around spreading it to others. You have made up your mind that older people and compromised people will die. Some of on here see no reason to put them in Jeopardy. Just My opinion I care about people and would hate to know I passed something on to some that would die of it.

bobongo

Helluva Engineer
You are right about one thing the numbers are garbage but they could be garbage because not everyone gets tested. Some that have it could be a very mild case and are still going around spreading it to others. You have made up your mind that older people and compromised people will die. Some of on here see no reason to put them in Jeopardy. Just My opinion I care about people and would hate to know I passed something on to some that would die of it.

Some care, some don't. I think you're talking to the wall.

Milwaukee

Banned

The bigger point I’m making is the flu does this damage as well but I don’t see you getting all bent out of shape about the flu. Look at the numbers and stop freaking out like little girls.

jwsavhGT

Helluva Engineer
Retired Staff
WASHINGTON (WIAT/CNN) — Saturday, the U.S. Food and Drug Administration issued the first rapid diagnostic test that could detect coronavirus in less than an hour.

The authorization was made Friday and tests will begin shipping next week, according to a statement from California-based Cepheid, the company manufacturing the tests.

https://www.wsav.com/news/coronavir...a4ttq0JLH6PagiN_VKNwYlLMr7rEFM7JsoxbcAzdO8dkE

stech81

Helluva Engineer
The bigger point I’m making is the flu does this damage as well but I don’t see you getting all bent out of shape about the flu. Look at the numbers and stop freaking out like little girls.
They have a vaccine for the flu only 45% take it . but you just keeping being you and only care about yourself.

Milwaukee

Banned
They have a vaccine for the flu only 45% take it . but you just keeping being you and only care about yourself.

D927DDA6-E38B-4CA3-93BF-BF2933C82A45.gif

Deleted member 2897

False. Sad.

Deleted member 2897

Much more contagious, Much more deadly. Much more damaging to people’s bodies. You should read some of the stories of healthy 30 year olds and what they went through. I mean, I’m not sure how much longer we put up with someone who doesn’t just deny science, but they deny 10 different sections of the science.

Milwaukee

Banned
Much more contagious, Much more deadly. Much more damaging to people’s bodies. You should read some of the stories of healthy 30 year olds and what they went through. I mean, I’m not sure how much longer we put up with someone who doesn’t just deny science, but they deny 10 different sections of the science.

Lol healthy 30yr olds sometimes get the flu and die, stop being a drama queen and trying to get people riled up like the media. Don’t really stop though, please continue this thread. It’s friggin gold lmao.

RonJohn

Helluva Engineer
We know beyond a shadow of a doubt it is more lethal. Doesn’t matter what denominator you choose. Choose infinite. The fact is in countries that have had it there awhile, more people are dying from it than the Flu. I choose to believe the numbers that are reported and what the experts in this field tell us. It’s also 3x more contagious.

That isn't how math works. If the denominator is infinite, then the mortality rate is zero. There are not an infinite number of humans, so the mortality rate couldn't reduce to zero. The US currently has 301 deaths with approximately 25,000 confirmed cases. That works out to a mortality rate of about 1.2%. If there are 250,000 or more actual cases, then the mortality rate is actually in line with the flu. It is extremely possible that there 250,000 or more people actually infected in the US. It is also extremely possible that there are less than 100,000 people infected. The denominator does matter because math doesn't change with fear.

If you choose to believe that the experts in the field tell us, then you have to believe that the mortality rate isn't known at this point because that is what the experts are saying. Several experts have said that they believe the mortality rate will end up in the 1% range, but they are stating rough opinion not fact.

Milwaukee

Banned
That isn't how math works. If the denominator is infinite, then the mortality rate is zero. There are not an infinite number of humans, so the mortality rate couldn't reduce to zero. The US currently has 301 deaths with approximately 25,000 confirmed cases. That works out to a mortality rate of about 1.2%. If there are 250,000 or more actual cases, then the mortality rate is actually in line with the flu. It is extremely possible that there 250,000 or more people actually infected in the US. It is also extremely possible that there are less than 100,000 people infected. The denominator does matter because math doesn't change with fear.

If you choose to believe that the experts in the field tell us, then you have to believe that the mortality rate isn't known at this point because that is what the experts are saying. Several experts have said that they believe the mortality rate will end up in the 1% range, but they are stating rough opinion not fact.

9D0D5C07-CCF1-4BA2-A669-2C4D0AF4E8DE.gif

RonJohn

Helluva Engineer

Am I the only one the saw irony in Pence's statements in the press conference today? He said that if you have no symptoms, you should not be tested to ensure there are enough tests available. Then he said the he and his wife are being tested this afternoon.

bobongo

Helluva Engineer

It isn't so much the immediate death rate as it is the fact that so many need hospitalization that we could very easily reach a tipping point in our health care system. Equipment and supplies are already running low in some places. We're going to have to create makeshift hospitals. And these factors alone will increase the death rate.

In addition to that there are reports of residual lung damage in patients who have "recovered" from the virus. And in estimating the death rate, a factor you didn't mention is the lag time of about three weeks between infection and the development of serious, life threatening illness. A tsunami of patients is about to overrun our entire system of health care, unless some treatment or cure is discovered fast. Real fast.

Status
Not open for further replies.