• Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.

Milwaukee

Banned
Where’s all the panic?
EB970534-CA15-49AC-8CD5-520A02C9B5E2.png

Deleted member 2897

Which differences? That flu kills more people? I’d agree the ignorance is sad.

The sad thing is that I know you know all this. But you choose to willfully whistle along.

Here are a few reminders that we all know:
1) Longer incubation period
2) More contagious
3) Massively higher mortality rate
4) No vaccine

So how do these things translate into the real word? Yesterday nearly 1,000 people died from this in Italy. On a population adjusted basis, that’s over 5,000 deaths in the US. In 1 single day. That would equal almost 50% of our Flu deaths here this year - in 1 single day.

Furthermore, the human suffering is extreme. Overloaded hospitals (because regular life and injuries and disease doesn’t halt). They’re having to triage people and drug some up to be left for dead.

Milwaukee

Banned
“If you have the same allergies, at around the same time every year, then that’s your first clue that this isn’t the coronavirus – especially if it’s centralised in the head, you have itchy eyes and an itchy nose. You should wash your hands more often because you’re more likely to touch your face or scratch your eyes.

Cold and flu symptoms will resolve themselves, while coronavirus will make you feel tired, achy, and unable to get out of bed. Then there are the respiratory symptoms. If you’re having trouble breathing and have been in contact with someone who has travelled or if you have travelled, you should seek medical attention.

Now that you’re up to date with the basic info, back to Italy.

According to the study, 68 000 deaths were attributable to flu epidemics in the winter months between 2013 and 2014, and 2016 and 2017 respectively.

This is likely due to the fact that Italy has an ageing population, and the elderly are more at risk, generally.”

https://www.2oceansvibe.com/2020/03/11/how-many-people-die-annually-from-flu-in-italy/

Buzzbomb

Mello Yellow-Jacket
The unknown elements of this virus, makes it much worse. It’s not like there is a vaccine preventative shot for it, yet(although some of us have gotten a flu strain, after a flu shot). Anyone experiencing a virus knows how much it wipes your already low immune system out. Even when I was an athlete, I felt like I was dying with that horrible fever. It took an I.V. to recover. I’m not hearing about infected people vomiting, which would actual be a good thing in healing. It means your body is flushing the impurity out and rejecting the strain growing while attacking your immunities that are left. At least that’s what I’ve heard from medical professionals in the past.

Also, while walking my usual path this week, I’ve picked up my normal Spring allergy infection. Sinus headaches probably from the high pollen count and ragweed. We had an 80 degree day in Atlanta, yesterday. It’s scary for folks that have allergies or such as my son with his asthma.

My tip for any of you that want to read these covid-19 threads(or the other lounge topics that might get political), is to place the Fonts that are irritating to you, on “ignore.” I didn’t like doing it last night, however it really made a difference in my mind set today and for my overall general health. This is a time to have tolerance, patience and to be a friend to others. Plus, you won’t see **** those asterisks or enduring those personal attacks(which I’m guilty of giving right back once politics or my religion has been tossed at me)that lead to other nasty names.

Deleted member 2897

“If you have the same allergies, at around the same time every year, then that’s your first clue that this isn’t the coronavirus – especially if it’s centralised in the head, you have itchy eyes and an itchy nose. You should wash your hands more often because you’re more likely to touch your face or scratch your eyes.

Cold and flu symptoms will resolve themselves, while coronavirus will make you feel tired, achy, and unable to get out of bed. Then there are the respiratory symptoms. If you’re having trouble breathing and have been in contact with someone who has travelled or if you have travelled, you should seek medical attention.

Now that you’re up to date with the basic info, back to Italy.

According to the study, 68 000 deaths were attributable to flu epidemics in the winter months between 2013 and 2014, and 2016 and 2017 respectively.

This is likely due to the fact that Italy has an ageing population, and the elderly are more at risk, generally.”

https://www.2oceansvibe.com/2020/03/11/how-many-people-die-annually-from-flu-in-italy/

So let’s look at that data, yes. Over a period of 5 years, 68,000 total people in Italy died of the Flu. The annual average is about 14,000/year. Italy just lost almost 1,000 people yesterday on 1 single day. That’s about 15x the normal average.

Buzzbomb

Mello Yellow-Jacket
The Emergency Rooms in the hospitals near me were overloaded before the coronavirus. Nurses that helped me over the years, stay in touch mainly to ask tax questions or for assistance with their returns. I won’t take any money from them. They’ve witnessed so many more people (in the last year)that are without health insurance. The part-time jobs are great, although both of mine are down right now. Neither give any benefits, therefore I would have to do indigent care in the E.R. for myself. My local politicians have told me they have no answer for me, other than to keep after full-time positions and draw S.S.I. next year. Affordable housing is even worse.

Buzzbomb

Mello Yellow-Jacket
The “D” is for Disease, in the official name of covid-19. So not only a preventative injection is needed, but also a cure? F.D.A. approved. Please correct me if I’m wrong.

Update, Saturday, March 21, 2:11 p.m.

State Sen. Martha Fuller Clark of Portsmouth says her husband has tested positive for COVID-19. In a press release issued from the New Hampshire Senate, the senator says she has not experienced symptoms. She and her husband have been in isolation since Tuesday.

To the extent members of the public were in close contact with Fuller Clark between March 7 and March 15, the Senate says they should follow state guidelines for self quarantine and self-observation.

MWBATL

Helluva Engineer
So let’s look at that data, yes. Over a period of 5 years, 68,000 total people in Italy died of the Flu. The annual average is about 14,000/year. Italy just lost almost 1,000 people yesterday on 1 single day. That’s about 15x the normal average.
Simple truth is we do not yet know how lethal covid-19 really is...for one simple reason...we have no idea how many people have contracted the disease. Since testing was only recently developed for it, and even more recently been available, claims that it its factually more lethal than the flu are simply unproven as yet. It does appear to be more contagious. I think the data does support that conclusion, but the existing data do NOT support the conclusion about lethality because it is so incomplete.

I will continue to take side bets that this outbreak will kill fewer than 10,000 Americans by the end of summer.

Italy, with its single payer medical system and very elderly population.....I make no bets there...

MWBATL

Helluva Engineer
I do continue to feel like the whole governmental response is being driven by liability lawyers whispering about how big the ;lawsuits will be if they don't do everything possible to batten down the hatches....no matter how much it wrecks the lives of 330 million citizens.

if it is all simply a mild inconvenience, no biggie. If the 401K accounts never recover......kill the Bast**ds!

Deleted member 2897

Simple truth is we do not yet know how lethal covid-19 really is...for one simple reason...we have no idea how many people have contracted the disease. Since testing was only recently developed for it, and even more recently been available, claims that it its factually more lethal than the flu are simply unproven as yet. It does appear to be more contagious. I think the data does support that conclusion, but the existing data do NOT support the conclusion about lethality because it is so incomplete.

I will continue to take side bets that this outbreak will kill fewer than 10,000 Americans by the end of summer.

Italy, with its single payer medical system and very elderly population.....I make no bets there...

We know beyond a shadow of a doubt it is more lethal. Doesn’t matter what denominator you choose. Choose infinite. The fact is in countries that have had it there awhile, more people are dying from it than the Flu. I choose to believe the numbers that are reported and what the experts in this field tell us. It’s also 3x more contagious.

Deleted member 2897

I do continue to feel like the whole governmental response is being driven by liability lawyers whispering about how big the ;lawsuits will be if they don't do everything possible to batten down the hatches....no matter how much it wrecks the lives of 330 million citizens.

if it is all simply a mild inconvenience, no biggie. If the 401K accounts never recover......kill the Bast**ds!

I don’t think the health experts and epidemiologists give a rats *** what any lawyers think.

Status
Not open for further replies.