Coronavirus Thread

• Thread starter Deleted member 2897
  • Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.

Buzzbomb

Mello Yellow-Jacket
I don't personally know @Milwaukee but I do have relatives in Michigan that are a lot like him. You just have to realize that the weather up yonder may affect them adversely so you just have to love them & accept them for how they are.:)
I like the guy. He doesn’t poot around drawing blood, he just downright eviscerates you! Probably into BDSM?

To say something positive on the man-He has a man crush on Ronald Acuna, Jr.

GTRX7

Helluva Engineer
At present, US has 19,106 active cases. 147 recovered cases. 261 fatal cases. Almost twice the number of diagnosed fatal cases than diagnosed recovered. (for those that missed it, "diagnosed," but still.) Probably says more about testing than mortality. Which in itself says something.

GT_EE78

Banned
Some stats that were just updated abt 8pm est. 00GMT

Total Cases per 1 million population
Italy/Spain/Ger--------778/460/237
Iran/France/SKorea-- 234/193/172
UK/USA/Japan-------- 59/59/8

Death Rate %
Italy/Spain/Ger---------8.6/5.1/0.3
Iran/France/SKorea----6.3/3.6/1.1
UK/USA/Japan---------4.4/1.3/3.4

Deleted member 2897

Apparently Congress means we’ll, and is trying hard, but struggling to get a big package done.

I just don’t understand the difficulty on the individual side. A lot of people are out of work. Seems to me priority 1 would be sending money to the states to increase unemployment so affected workers get something like 80% of their old pay. Do it 1 month at a time and then renew it as needed.

A lot of people are seeing sluggish incomes due to reduced hours. For those making less than $75k (ind) or $150k (fam), where nobody has filed for unemployment, send them a moderate check of $1k/$2k per month and then renew as needed.

For businesses, that’s extremely tough. There isn’t enough money around. Loans, even interest free, are just chains around their neck. I don’t even know where to start with that one. Companies all over are shuttering. I guess that’s what bankruptcy laws are for.

Deleted member 2897

This is a local mayor here in SC of a small town in the 1 million person Charleston metro area. Pastor in ICU in critical condition. Lord knows how many people he infected at church.

fairweatherhater

Georgia Tech Fan

Deleted member 2897

South Korean deaths doubled in the last couple delays to 100.

Our deaths with our lack of testing are more of a leading indicator of what’s out there. I think theirs is a more trailing indicator of where they’ve been. They’re still getting 100+ new cases a day, but it’s flat and consistent, so it’s manageable. We don’t need to clear the disease, but if we can get to a predictable equilibrium, that’s the goal.

fairweatherhater

Georgia Tech Fan
South Korean deaths doubled in the last couple delays to 100.

Our deaths with our lack of testing are more of a leading indicator of what’s out there. I think theirs is a more trailing indicator of where they’ve been. They’re still getting 100+ new cases a day, but it’s flat and consistent, so it’s manageable. We don’t need to clear the disease, but if we can get to a predictable equilibrium, that’s the goal.

Agreed. More just pointing out how those four countries have been wildly successful at flattening the curve. As much as I love living in a country with the expectation of personal freedom, it is going to be very difficult to ensure the cases stay manageable.

MWBATL

Helluva Engineer
These beach closings hit me personally. I've already changed our April wedding from a 100+ person event near Jacksonville to a 40 person booze cruise one and now to a 10 person beach event out on Cumberland island. If GA or FL shuts down beaches statewide, that means I'll likely have to postpone to September.
Maybe God is trying to tell you something? Just say'....

MWBATL

Helluva Engineer
Everywhere is still only testing IF: you have symptoms, AND you have traveled to a country with an outbreak, or you have been around someone who has been confirmed to have the virus.

Places all around are saying that testing is available for those who need it, but when you look at the definition of who needs it, it isn't everyone you believe it to be.

Yes. I am disturbed by this. My small business employees a number of people in the "at risk" categories, mostly with underlying health issues. One employee has now been out sick since last Tuesday, and all 3 members of his household are now sick. I asked him to go get tested to insure the safety of the remaining staff. He made an appointment, went, and was refused because he "did not meet the qualifications".

Exactly how am I supposed to insure that my other "at risk" employees don't get ill if they will not test people where the entire household is sick? Poor fellow probably just has a cold, but sheesh...do I take that risk? Or do I shut him out for 14 days? If I shut him out, do I pay him (we are tight already on cash in my small business). We are a manufacturing facility so working from home is not an option.

I thought there were enough test kits so I am baffled.

Deleted member 2897

My COVID-19 test came back negative, shew!

WjZC68j.jpg

Deleted member 2897

This is a local mayor here in SC of a small town in the 1 million person Charleston metro area. Pastor in ICU in critical condition. Lord knows how many people he infected at church.

Latest is ventilator is not helping. Pastor is not a senior citizen and had no underlying health issues. Condition is grave. Someone keeled over with a fever last weekend in one of their services. Why people who are sick are out and about is beyond me.

Status
Not open for further replies.