Coronavirus Thread

• Thread starter Deleted member 2897
  • Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.

LibertyTurns

Banned
I thought I heard that the deaths were all in retirement homes or communities. Is that where the basketball games are played? LOL
No but when you’re 0-14 sucking hind tit in last place in your conference would you:

a. Take your team to Seattle and spend money to buy them steak dinners, etc

or

b. Blame coronavirus and out of great concern cancel a trip you VERY MUCH wanted to go on.

Deleted member 2897

Italy another 500 positive tests today. Germany, France, etc. up another 20% today too.

US also up another 20%. We're now at 148, with 11 dead.

GT_EE78

Banned
ZCFExjL0_normal.png

Stephanie Grisham
@PressSec
· Mar 3
President @realDonaldTrump made a commitment to donate his salary while in office. Honoring that promise and to further protect the American people, he is donating his 2019 Q4 salary to @HHSGov to support the efforts being undertaken to confront, contain, and combat #Coronavirus.
upload_2020-3-4_16-28-17.jpeg

https://twitter.com/PressSec
Note - You'll have to scroll down about 10 or 12 tweets to find it

Deleted member 2897

Latest update:
US: From 122 yesterday to 153 today - up 25% day over day
Main Europe (Germany/Spain/France) - up 30% day over day

Deleted member 2897

Another 500 tested positive in Italy.

And another 500 tested positive in Italy today after 500 new cases yesterday. They went from near zero to over 3,000 cases in about 10 days.

And another 500 tested positive in Italy today after 500 new cases yesterday. They went from near zero to over 3,000 cases in about 10 days.
I sure hope it disappears with warmer weather, or they come up with a vaccine for it, because I am scheduled to go to Italy and Sicily in June, and the trip insurance people have already stated they won't reimburse for any cancellations due to the Corona virus. Part of my trip is an organized tour, and if they cancel the tour, I am ok, but I also have 5 days scheduled on my own in Italy after the tour ends, plus 4 days in Germany.

Deleted member 2897

I sure hope it disappears with warmer weather, or they come up with a vaccine for it, because I am scheduled to go to Italy and Sicily in June, and the trip insurance people have already stated they won't reimburse for any cancellations due to the Corona virus. Part of my trip is an organized tour, and if they cancel the tour, I am ok, but I also have 5 days scheduled on my own in Italy after the tour ends, plus 4 days in Germany.

Germany is blowing up too.

I think our best hope is that this thing runs itself out in warmer weather and its gone in a month after spiking. I don't know if China's data is accurate, but that's kind of what happened to them...grew for a week or two, then a huge spike for a couple weeks, then it plateaued out and dropped.

GT_EE78

Banned
Thats what happens when you close the barn door after some cows got out. They don't know yet how many cows were out and may not have test capability fully ramped up. On top of that you've 7 to 14 day incubation period when folks can spread it it without knowing they have it. It took more than a month for Wuhan to get cuaght up and the number of new cases to actually be "new cases" versus the initial infected group plus the 1-2 week spread plus the less serious ones whose testing wasn't prioritized.
It's quite a mess.

bke1984

Helluva Engineer
So the difference is they’re actually testing people. US is only testing people that report that they may have it. I think it’s much more wide spread here already.

dtm1997

Helluva Engineer
Featured Member
What supplements are people taking?

I stocked up on Lil Critters Immune C gummies with Zinc & Vitamin D.

Also been loading up on green juice.

CuseJacket

Administrator
Staff member
So the difference is they’re actually testing people. US is only testing people that report that they may have it. I think it’s much more wide spread here already.
Agreed, meaning the ramifications are far less serious (lower hospitalization + death rate) than is being reported.

Add in a health impact equivalent to a new strain of flu, if not less severe, and it makes me wonder.

Anyone think a carrier hasn't already criss-crossed U.S. airports? It's happened, given incubation period and "cold-like symptoms" for healthy folks.

Maybe just hot takes and someone can educate me.

Deleted member 2897

Agreed, meaning the ramifications are far less serious (lower hospitalization + death rate) than is being reported.

Add in a health impact equivalent to a new strain of flu, if not less severe, and it makes me wonder.

Anyone think a carrier hasn't already criss-crossed U.S. airports? It's happened, given incubation period and "cold-like symptoms" for healthy folks.

An airport checkpoint employee checked positive today. Let that sink in.

Someone else tested positive after traveling to Italy. Their family has tested positive. The driver who took him to the hospital even tested positive.

The CDC changed guidance on germ survivability today. Previously they said it couldn’t live on surfaces more than 1-2 hours. Today they revised that to say it’s probably living well over 24 hours.

bke1984

Helluva Engineer

I think this is pretty accurate. Well, Atlanta has two cases now and one just went through the airport last week or the week before. Some BS by the Fulton health official to say he was asymptomatic at the time, so he couldn’t have transmitted. Strange given that’s kind of been the concern about this particular virus...transmission during incubation period, that is

bke1984

Helluva Engineer
An airport checkpoint employee checked positive today. Let that sink in.

Someone else tested positive after traveling to Italy. Their family has tested positive. The driver who took him to the hospital even tested positive.

The CDC changed guidance on germ survivability today. Previously they said it couldn’t live on surfaces more than 1-2 hours. Today they revised that to say it’s probably living well over 24 hours.
Which airport?

jwsavhGT

Helluva Engineer
Retired Staff
The death in Placer County CA was a man who got sick on a Mexican Riviera cruise (Grand Princess), debarked in San Francisco on 2/21 & didn't get medical care until just a couple of days ago. How the hell do you get sick on a cruise & not tell the medical staff? How the hell do you let yourself come through the port of San Fran and not tell somebody? Complete negligence on the part of that passenger and his traveling companion.

Techster

Helluva Engineer
Well, this is how it all ends...

Researchers say the different strains were likely caused through a mutation of the ancestral version of the virus. And that could mean more are coming. They urged the scientific community to come together to battle and contain the outbreak.

“These findings strongly support an urgent need for further immediate, comprehensive studies that combine genomic data, epidemiological data, and chart records of the clinical symptoms of patients with coronavirus disease 2019 (COVID-19),” they wrote.

Status
Not open for further replies.