Not open for further replies.

GT_EE78

Banned
The internet always for the win...

View attachment 7876
Corona has a new strategy
upload_2020-3-3_16-26-46.jpeg

Deleted member 2897

Okay, this is not funny anymore. Someone tested positive in North Carolina; this person just returned from Washington where they were visiting that nursing home. If my weekend at Cherokee gets cancelled I'm not going to be happy.:poop::cautious:

Yep a dozen people tested positive today in the US. It’s coming. We just need to watch out for the elderly and immune compromised. Regular folks should be fine. We’re up to like 10 deaths.

jwsavhGT

Helluva Engineer
Retired Staff
Just to add a little more to the conversation...this was in my work email this morning:

A State of Georgia Agency (COLLEGE PARK, CITY OF) has a bid to which your company may want to respond.
The bid is entitled -ITB – HOUSEHOLD HAZARDOUS WASTE COLLECTION & REMOV.

Deleted member 2897

It’s amazing how infections and deaths have changed just since I posted it this morning. Diagnoses in Italy increased 25%, just today. We had no deaths until like yesterday, and now we have 6 dead.

We have one of the better healthcare systems in the world, and 6 of the first 50 diagnosed are now dead.

We had about 20 new cases in the US today. Basically we’re going to get a lot of it here, because we didn’t shut off traffic to Europe and beyond. But at the same time, not sure we can really shut down all international travel.

Deleted member 2897

Cases jumped 20% today in the US - we’re up to 122 cases now. 9 deaths.

Tempe, Phoenix, Raleigh, Milwaukee, Boston, Atlanta, San Antonio, etc etc

RonJohn

Helluva Engineer

I don't think that is scary. The third from the last paragraph sums it up: The numbers will go up as more testing is available. It will be hard to determine how much of the jump in cases is due to better testing and how much is due to spread of the disease.

Basically: If you believed last week that the USA was isolated and immune, you were thinking irrationally. If you believe this week or next week that the USA is already in the middle of a pandemic, you will be thinking irrationally. People should pay attention, acknowledge that there is a risk, and follow the CDC guidelines for infectious diseases, but not panic.

Techster

Helluva Engineer
Are you a "Walking Dead" fan? I am. I've seen every single episode.

I've watched all the seasons except the last two. It just started to drag on and I began to watch other shows...TWD just fell out of the rotation. I might pick it back up again, but right now just no desire to pick it back up.

I've watched all the seasons except the last two. It just started to drag on and I began to watch other shows...TWD just fell out of the rotation. I might pick it back up again, but right now just no desire to pick it back up.
Too bad. There are really interesting and evil new characters, as well as some somewhat surprising deaths.

Status
Not open for further replies.