Coronavirus Thread

• Thread starter Deleted member 2897
  • Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.
I just heard writer, reviewer, and presidential biographer John Meachem say his greatest anxiety about the corona virus is that it might damage the global diversity agenda … “we’re living in an age of xenophobia, and it is not impossible to imagine a scenario where blame is cast on some country or group of people if it becomes worse.” OMG he is more afraid that blame might be cast than that millions might die. Others like him, including some politicians on the left have bemoaned the "lack of diversity" on the investigatory panels trying to find cause, cure, and prevention for the disease. Why the hell do these people need to interject identity politics into everything. Why can't we be more interested in solving problems rather than in who is doing the solving? Earlier today @jwsavhGT asked us to please leave politics out of this thread. It is impossible to leave politics out of this thread when so many in our country are constantly interjecting politics into EVERYTHING.

Deleted member 2897

I just heard writer, reviewer, and presidential biographer John Meachem say his greatest anxiety about the corona virus is that it might damage the global diversity agenda … “we’re living in an age of xenophobia, and it is not impossible to imagine a scenario where blame is cast on some country or group of people if it becomes worse.” OMG he is more afraid that blame might be cast than that millions might die. Others like him, including some politicians on the left have bemoaned the "lack of diversity" on the investigatory panels trying to find cause, cure, and prevention for the disease. Why the hell do these people need to interject identity politics into everything. Why can't we be more interested in solving problems rather than in who is doing the solving? Earlier today @jwsavhGT asked us to please leave politics out of this thread. It is impossible to leave politics out of this thread when so many in our country are constantly interjecting politics into EVERYTHING.

Well it’s actually quite easy to leave ******* out of the thread. Just replace ******* with asterisks and now you can keep injecting ******* into everything while still leaving it out. :D

RonJohn

Helluva Engineer
https://www.cdc.gov/coronavirus/2019-ncov/faq.html

Answers to some questions I've read on this thread.

My take on the information on the CDC site is: Be vigilant, but don't panic yet.

The analysis is that the threat in the US is currently low. The recommendations for people in the US is to take the same precautions that are recommended to prevent normal respiratory illnesses:
  • Wash hands often.
  • Don't touch your eyes, nose or mouth.
  • Avoid contact with people who are sick.
  • If you are sick, stay at home.
They have travel recommendations and recommendations for governments to coordinate, but I didn't read all of that.

Unfortunately too many people are either panicking or denying there is anything at all to be concerned about. It might turn into a pandemic, but it hasn't yet. Whether it does or not, it is prudent for people to ensure that they and their families take reasonable precautions against any illness.

dtm1997

Helluva Engineer
Featured Member
BTS canceled shows in South Korea due to Coronavirus.

Coronavirus might **** with GTAA ability to earn.

dtm1997

Helluva Engineer
Featured Member
If you want to try something tricky, keep tabs on what you touch, and try to go an entire day without touching your face—especially eyes, nose, and mouth.
It’s not easy.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I've modestly paid attention to it and I am screwed.

GT_EE78

Banned
>This was written by someone with the corona virus from that cruise ship off Japan.
>Sounds like folks in the US were well prepared for containment,detection and treatment at that time.
I have the coronavirus. So far, it isn't that bad.
https://www.stamfordadvocate.com/op...navirus-So-far-it-isn-t-that-bad-15093664.php
'
'
> You don't have to do anything crazy even if your health dept says to prepare an emergency kit
> I kept an emergency kit for about 35 years living in cali due to earthquake risk
(Note- JackDaniels usually doesn't have to be replenished as often as other items.beer will go flat)
https://www.fox5ny.com/news/run-on-toilet-paper-in-hawaii-over-coronavirus-fears

MWBATL

Helluva Engineer
Eh, my understanding is that 80% of the people who get the virus experience very mild symptoms and never need hospitalization.

While it iS a concern, I am not sure it warrants quite the level of news frenzy I see in some quarters. Flu remains a larger risk. The spring is just around the corner and these viruses do tend to drop down then...

Deleted member 2897

Well so far it’s been more contagious and has 10x the death rate of the Flu. So that’s what everyone is worried about. South Korea had hardly anybody with it a couple weeks ago and then bam - 1,000 new cases in 1 single day.

Deleted member 2897

So we have 1 death in the US. When the CDC briefed Trump, they told him it was an older woman. It was actually a middle aged man. How do you mess THAT up? We’re talking 1 single person. So Trump walks out to the camera and now is being accused of lying LOL.

Deleted member 2897

Well so far it’s been more contagious and has 10x the death rate of the Flu. So that’s what everyone is worried about. South Korea had hardly anybody with it a couple weeks ago and then bam - 1,000 new cases in 1 single day.

Actually, the current stats area 16x higher death rate than the Flu... not to split hairs.

Status
Not open for further replies.