College Football RISK: Season 2

ThatGuy

Ramblin' Wreck
Thanks!

I just defended GT. Not really sure what else to do.

Awesome. Glad you signed up!

That's a safe thing to do for Day 1. If you sign up for the YJMS (messaging service), you'll get different 'orders' each day, and it will be coordinated with the rest of the players (we're up to 497 now, and have some non-aggression treaties with certain teams, etc, so it really helps if we all don't show up and start attacking an ally.) :)

crut

Helluva Engineer
GT now tied for 1st place with Michigan!

Attachments

• Capture.PNG
    Capture.PNG
    21 KB · Views: 68

ThatGuy

Ramblin' Wreck

We alone in 1st now!

This is huge, y'all. In 2 seasons of this game, we have held our own. 1st season we were on the margins - we had a lot less players and star power than others in the game. But we made some good alliances, and worked our way through to survive the whole season.

This year, we're one of the last 10 surviving teams. We're one of the top 4 teams in terms of player count. We've become the 'Switzerland' of the game, having few rivals and lots of good diplomatic relationships. And now we're alone in the #1 spot - something that hasn't happened since this game has been around. Things are looking good. :) Now we just need to keep momentum going for the next 20 days until the game ends.

Gtbowhunter90

In Black Bear Country
Contributing Writer
This is huge, y'all. In 2 seasons of this game, we have held our own. 1st season we were on the margins - we had a lot less players and star power than others in the game. But we made some good alliances, and worked our way through to survive the whole season.

This year, we're one of the last 10 surviving teams. We're one of the top 4 teams in terms of player count. We've become the 'Switzerland' of the game, having few rivals and lots of good diplomatic relationships. And now we're alone in the #1 spot - something that hasn't happened since this game has been around. Things are looking good. :) Now we just need to keep momentum going for the next 20 days until the game ends.

I'm totally loving it! I ruined my streak because I got drunk and forgot to make my move but it's so fun and simple and the bragging rights are awesome. I love being a GT fan

MidtownJacket

Staff member
I'm totally loving it! I ruined my streak because I got drunk and forgot to make my move but it's so fun and simple and the bragging rights are awesome. I love being a GT fan

I too can commiserate about overindulged round missing. Luckily if you just miss one round it’s pretty quick to work your stars back up. [emoji294]️ [emoji294]️ [emoji94]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Buzztheirazz

Helluva Engineer
I didn’t have the opportunity to defend GT or attack Alabama. I just attacked Vandy because I assumed they were the black team.

plangineer

Jolly Good Fellow
I didn’t have the opportunity to defend GT or attack Alabama. I just attacked Vandy because I assumed they were the black team.
The defend/attack actions are against territories not the actual team. So right now GT has 24 territories, including Duke, uGA, Kentucky, San Diego State, etc etc. You can defend any of the territories that aren't landlocked (e.g., right now Georgia Southern is completely surrounded by GT territories - so defending it is pointless since no one can attack it).

You can attack any territory adjacent to a GT territory. So, for example, right now attacking the Ole Miss territory is essentially attacking Alabama.

And the black team is Chaos - which is the teams players can play for once their team gets eliminated.

Buzztheirazz

Helluva Engineer
The defend/attack actions are against territories not the actual team. So right now GT has 24 territories, including Duke, uGA, Kentucky, San Diego State, etc etc. You can defend any of the territories that aren't landlocked (e.g., right now Georgia Southern is completely surrounded by GT territories - so defending it is pointless since no one can attack it).

You can attack any territory adjacent to a GT territory. So, for example, right now attacking the Ole Miss territory is essentially attacking Alabama.

And the black team is Chaos - which is the teams players can play for once their team gets eliminated.
Ah. Ok. Thanks for the heads up!

ThatGuy

Ramblin' Wreck
He's probably referring to earlier today. There was a mixup with the server and they had to recalculate the game.

^^ Yep. This. They had to do a ‘re-roll.’ Initially, it looked pretty darn wonky (not just for us, but for everyone. Lots of people got a 0 multiplier for some reason, so they re-rolled and things were back to normal. (Well, except RIP Clemson.) :’-(