College Football RISK: Season 2

TechPreacher

Banned
The reason why the orders worked for a while is that our territory remained in our area of the country, so the algorithm worked in maintaining a contiguous set of territories where there were isolated ones in the middle that didn't need defending, those on the perimeter that required defense, and the adjacent enemy territories to attack. Therefore, it stayed balanced.
However, when we got to San Diego State and started attacking the west coast, the algorithm showed that it is not optimized for a two-pronged attack.
It's not just us, either. Look at the past maps for any team that gets its territory split up. They continue to lose until they regroup to a central point of strength and battle outwardly from there.

CTJacket

Ramblin' Wreck
The reason why the orders worked for a while is that our territory remained in our area of the country, so the algorithm worked in maintaining a contiguous set of territories where there were isolated ones in the middle that didn't need defending, those on the perimeter that required defense, and the adjacent enemy territories to attack. Therefore, it stayed balanced.
However, when we got to San Diego State and started attacking the west coast, the algorithm showed that it is not optimized for a two-pronged attack.
It's not just us, either. Look at the past maps for any team that gets its territory split up. They continue to lose until they regroup to a central point of strength and battle outwardly from there.
I'm not saying you're wrong, I'm saying go get in on the strategy discussion where it's being discussed. Of course there is overlap in people in each forum but over the discord is the place to really get into it, that's where the strategy is formulated and implemented. Losing our safe territories hurt (mainly due to bad luck vs Chaos) but we're regrouping. Look at last night, we moved back into the top three. PLUS Michigan finally doesn't have any safe territories AND we regained Stanford (which has a bunch of mercenaries that play with us).

crut

Helluva Engineer
The biggest thing is that everyone needs to go after michigan because they are going to roll otherwise. We are focusing more today on consolidation of the SE now that other teams can threaten Michigan more, but we aren't leaving them alone. Was nice that Wisconsin finally betrayed Nebraska last night.

Buzztheirazz

Helluva Engineer
I had forgotten to play a few days in a row. I would think about making a move, wait for the Reddit order, and then forget to check/play.

I’ve been back in the last couple days though.

crut

Helluva Engineer
Stop worrying about Michigan. Chaos is the biggest threat.
By attacking Michigan we a) reduce their territory count while simultaneously b) raise ours. This was necessary to win. That being said we still put significant forces against chaos each day, but the good news about Chaos is the next day every territory they own is free, as they basically dont defend.

crut

Helluva Engineer
There are 2 days left and we are right in the thick of it! Ohio St just took the lead with 24 territories on a very lucky day for them. Michigan has 23. We are in 3rd with 20. We got a bit lucky yesterday as well and completely ridded Texas from our base.