College Football RISK: Season 2

TechPreacher

Banned
We will be out in 3 more rounds if we keep doing this. Spanning out onto the west coast only hurts us, because we have to use resources to defend it if we win it, and then we can't defend our home base. The goal is to build a contiguous block of territories so that it minimizes the amount of territories to defend (because the interior of the block is isolated). Chaos is now right in the middle of us eating us alive, and Michigan is coming in through Hawaii. As I said earlier, defend against Chaos and attack them, or else we are done.

Gtbowhunter90

In Black Bear Country
Contributing Writer
We will be out in 3 more rounds if we keep doing this. Spanning out onto the west coast only hurts us, because we have to use resources to defend it if we win it, and then we can't defend our home base. The goal is to build a contiguous block of territories so that it minimizes the amount of territories to defend (because the interior of the block is isolated). Chaos is now right in the middle of us eating us alive, and Michigan is coming in through Hawaii. As I said earlier, defend against Chaos and attack them, or else we are done.
Exactly.... this was the 2nd time I've been ordered to attack San Diego State... when I felt like we should be attacking the Southeast. Its gonna cost us the damn game....

TechPreacher

Banned
Exactly.... this was the 2nd time I've been ordered to attack San Diego State... when I felt like we should be attacking the Southeast. Its gonna cost us the damn game....

We had the easiest chance to knock out Chaos two days ago. The orders messed it up. We should be going no further than Hawaii, and only as a buffer to Miami. If Michigan takes Miami, it's over.

CTJacket

Ramblin' Wreck
We had the easiest chance to knock out Chaos two days ago. The orders messed it up. We should be going no further than Hawaii, and only as a buffer to Miami. If Michigan takes Miami, it's over.
I'm not involved with the strategy but there is a valid reason. Michigan had so many protected territories, PLUS Stanford likes to merc their territory apparently (evidenced by yesterday when we had the most mercs ever and we held Stanford). Michigan has also had an insane run of luck.
You can read about it here: , written by one of our very own (don't know the username here, but there it's ItalianReptar) - just click the map to read the breakdown.

Gtbowhunter90

In Black Bear Country
Contributing Writer
I'm not involved with the strategy but there is a valid reason. Michigan had so many protected territories, PLUS Stanford likes to merc their territory apparently (evidenced by yesterday when we had the most mercs ever and we held Stanford). Michigan has also had an insane run of luck.
You can read about it here: , written by one of our very own (don't know the username here, but there it's ItalianReptar) - just click the map to read the breakdown.

The sheer amount of statistics I see on this forum just further solidifies my opinion that GT has the smartest fanbase in CFB

Gtbowhunter90

In Black Bear Country
Contributing Writer
It's over. We now have to defend every territory, instead of having a block of interior territories that we don't have to worry about. Too many wasted resources. Our only hope now is if everyone forsakes the west, and we take a round to regroup and re-establish our home base. But that won't happen because they are "following orders".
I realize now that the orders arent accurate as my own eyes..... I shouldve stayed home. I wont be following marching orders next season.

Texas_Wreck53

Georgia Tech Fan
It's over. We now have to defend every territory, instead of having a block of interior territories that we don't have to worry about. Too many wasted resources. Our only hope now is if everyone forsakes the west, and we take a round to regroup and re-establish our home base. But that won't happen because they are "following orders".
If we want to beat Michigan we had to expand and put pressure on Michigan. If you’re okay with settling for second place and sitting and defending that’s your opinion. I’m happy we went for it.
Texas will be too strung out unless they are just going to gun for us and forsake Their Texas territories which I seriously doubt cause they love being a thorn in the Aggies sides. Chaos is a pain that we have had some bad luck against. Rogue if you want but if we wanted to take down Goliath we needed to attack Michigan where we could

TechPreacher

Banned
We got a lot closer to 1st place today. A lot of the struggles have been to Michigan getting insanely lucky... like borderline outlier lucky.

We shouldn't have been battling Michigan. Our focus should have been on Chaos, Alabama, Texas, Ohio State, etc. Those were the ones in our immediate territory. Then we would have met Michigan, Nebraska, and Wisconsin with a fortified center. Oh well. Maybe next year.

TechPreacher

Banned
If we want to beat Michigan we had to expand and put pressure on Michigan. If you’re okay with settling for second place and sitting and defending that’s your opinion. I’m happy we went for it.
Texas will be too strung out unless they are just going to gun for us and forsake Their Texas territories which I seriously doubt cause they love being a thorn in the Aggies sides. Chaos is a pain that we have had some bad luck against. Rogue if you want but if we wanted to take down Goliath we needed to attack Michigan where we could

Without a strong defense, the best you can hope for is swapping territories. Win a new one, lose the one you had. That strategy loses out every time.

CTJacket

Ramblin' Wreck
@TechPreacher, people following orders got us into first place for a bit. We've had a terrible run of bad luck (look at the breakdown I posted above) and Michigan has had borderline outlier good luck. If you want to be involved in the strategy, join the discord group and get at it. Complaining here does nothing except possibly sway some more people to go Leeroy Jenkins - which is exactly how you lose.