Coastal Chaos

BCJacket

Ramblin' Wreck
I made a spreadsheet of all the scenarios where GT wins the ACC Coastal (plus one scenario where the winner would be unknown at this point). Let me know if you think I made any mistakes.

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet...vZoTK_t400fYURtNSIkFzNCvRKkSPj3atu3X2/pubhtml

(The UNC and Duke games that are lightly shaded do not have meaningful outcomes)

I think Scenario 3 shows Pitt and Miami both winning their game...

Bottom line: this weekend, we have to win and Pitt has to lose.

bearla_7

Georgia Tech Fan
I wanted to ask you guys what you thought was the possibility that Tech would win the Coastal Divison. We need VT/Miami/Wake (2 out of 3) to beat Pitt, VT to lose one more game, and we need to take care of business by beating Miami and UVA. Your thoughts?

ibeattetris

Helluva Engineer
I wanted to ask you guys what you thought was the possibility that Tech would win the Coastal Divison. We need VT/Miami/Wake (2 out of 3) to beat Pitt, VT to lose one more game, and we need to take care of business by beating Miami and UVA. Your thoughts?
ESPN has us as 10% chance. Take it for what it's worth.

RamblinCharger

Helluva Engineer
Since Pitt beat us head to head they have to lose all 3 of their ACC games I thought, unless there's some type of 3 way tie where we get the nod. I don't see them losing all 3 but if a 3 way tie exists that we can win I'd love to see us win it.

GT_05

Helluva Engineer
ESPN has us as 10% chance. Take it for what it's worth.

...which is a better chance than a 4-loss team would expect after Week 10. We just need to take care of business over the next two games and hopefully the stars will align to take care of the other things that need to happen.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Animal02

Banned
Since Pitt beat us head to head they have to lose all 3 of their ACC games I thought, unless there's some type of 3 way tie where we get the nod. I don't see them losing all 3 but if a 3 way tie exists that we can win I'd love to see us win it.
In a three way, Pitt loses out in the first round with when comparing division record (step #2 of the process) After that, Tech beats out Vt in a head to head.

bearla_7

Georgia Tech Fan
Yeah, I forgot that Pitt has a tiebreaker over us, but maybe we could end up in some weird 3-way tie and hopefully, that lets us win the coastal.

RyanS12

Helluva Engineer
As much as I want to see it happen, I think there’s just too many variables that need to happen. But this season does have a 2012 feel to it. We were dead in the water and turned it around. Granted, half the costal went on probation but we got in and almost won!
F#<% it! We’re going to Charlotte!........

For the Belk Bowl. Lol

Animal02

Banned
A loss to Wake does little for Tech....They need to lose to VT and UM

GTJake

Helluva Engineer
As Yogi Berra said, "it's not over til it's over" ... we have some momentum, I don't think it's impossible for us to take care of business.
The problem is Pitt looks to be on a roll as well ...

MikeJackets1967

Helluva Engineer
As much as I want to see it happen, I think there’s just too many variables that need to happen. But this season does have a 2012 feel to it. We were dead in the water and turned it around. Granted, half the costal went on probation but we got in and almost won!
F#<% it! We’re going to Charlotte!........

For the Belk Bowl. Lol
I'd rather GT go to Nashvegas for the Music City Bowl;)

AE 87

Helluva Engineer
...which is a better chance than a 4-loss team would expect after Week 10. We just need to take care of business over the next two games and hopefully the stars will align to take care of the other things that need to happen.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

fwiw, Pitt is a 4-loss team and controls their own destiny.

JorgeJonas

Helluva Engineer
Got no interest in watching us get drilled by Clemson a second time this season. Once was good enough for me.

Gtech50

Ramblin' Wreck
If we win out it comes down to four games and we are in:
VT beats Pitt
Miami beats Pitt
VT beats UVA
VT loses to Miami

Deleted member 2897

Such a shame that Pitt was able to score like 20 points in the last 10 minutes against Duke and pull that win out. I have a hard time believing they will lose 2 of their last 3 but you never know.

I believe if we win out, we can't finish any worse than 2nd no matter what. That would also probably guarantee us Top 5 in the ACC overall. That will really help with next year when the analysts and news media finally predi- oh nevermind, they'll just predict us to finish between 10-12 in the ACC anyway. I hate all those idiots. Just win baby and then we can laugh at them.