Coastal Chaos

bobongo

Helluva Engineer
I’m glad that you can parse out who is good and bad in the Coastal because I can’t. They all look equally good/bad and equally erratic.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I guess you're right, but I was just shocked to see Miami at the top of the heap. Maybe the only thing everyone could agree on is that UNC is at the bottom.

tech_wreck47

Helluva Engineer
If VT beats Pitt and we beat Miami that will put us a step closer. After that we just need to beat UVA and have Miami or UVA beat VT and Miami or Wake beat Pitt. If Pitt does lose to VT this week. and we win I think we have an extremely good chance to make the ACCCG.

Animal02

Banned
If VT beats Pitt and we beat Miami that will put us a step closer. After that we just need to beat UVA and have Miami or UVA beat VT and Miami or Wake beat Pitt. If Pitt does lose to VT this week. and we win I think we have an extremely good chance to make the ACCCG.
Wake beating Pitt does not help us much, unless Pitt loses all three remaining games.
If it goes to a tie breaker....two way Pitt tops Tech. Three way......it falls to Win-percentage of the tied teams within the division.
We need Pitt to be eliminated at this point or we lose the head to head every time.

Technut1990

Ramblin' Wreck
Guys Pitt has to lose all of their remaining games for us to get in over them, they have 1 conference loss and we have 3, they have the tie breaker on us head to head. If they win one of their remaining 3 we are out of the ACCCG.

They have Va Tech, Miami and Wake

If we lose one more we are out,

We have Miami and Virginia

tech_wreck47

Helluva Engineer
Wake beating Pitt does not help us much, unless Pitt loses all three remaining games.
If it goes to a tie breaker....two way Pitt tops Tech. Three way......it falls to Win-percentage of the tied teams within the division.
We need Pitt to be eliminated at this point or we lose the head to head every time.
Yes, we lose a 2 way tie if it’s just us and Pitt, but if we have 3 or 4 teams tied I think we take it. When it say “win percentage of the tied teams withing the division” we win that in a 3 or 4 way tie because we would have the head to head record with the other team or 2 and then GT plus any other team not named Pitt that would be involved in the tie would have a better in conference winning percentage because Pitt could be the only one with 3 in conference losses.

Technut1990

Ramblin' Wreck

Sorry for stepping on you Animal, you posted just before I did

tech_wreck47

Helluva Engineer
Guys Pitt has to lose all of their remaining games for us to get in over them, they have 1 conference loss and we have 3, they have the tie breaker on us head to head. If they win one of their remaining 3 we are out of the ACCCG.

Not true because if we have a 3 or 4 way tie they beat us head to head while we beat VT and UVA head to head and VT and UVA could have the head to head against Pitt. What you are saying is only the case in a 2 way tie.

Whiskey_Clear

Banned
We probably needed Miami to win to help us with any 3/4 way tie breakers. That was not helpful for us at all.

If this was the SEC West, we would probably be heralded as the greatest division ever. It's so competitive with top 10 teams that they're all beating up on each other.

Losing out of conference to USF etc submarines that.

tech_wreck47

Helluva Engineer
I’ll put it this way. Let’s assume Duke losses to Clemson and GT wins out. We then need Pitt to lose 2 games, so let’s assume that happens. Then we need either VT or UVA to also have only 3 losses, so let’s assume at least 1 or both do that. You now have a 3 or 4 way tie. If Pitts losses to both Miami and VT then we are in because Pitt would be knocked because of rule 1 and 2 listed below. let’s say Pitt losses to only one of Miami or VT but losses to WF, we then have at least 3 teams with the same for number 1 and 2 as listed below. In this case we would win number 3 and still be in. So if there is a 3 or 4 way tie GT makes it in no matter what, unless I’m just way off on something.

B. Three (or More) Team Tie
(Three team (or more) tiebreaker procedure will be used to break all ties to identify the Championship game representative. Once a team is eliminated from the tie, the tie-breaker procedures restart for the remaining teams. If the three (or more) team tie can only be reduced to two teams, the two-team tiebreaker format will then be applied).
1. Combined head-to-head win-percentage among the tied teams.
2. Win-percentage of the tied teams within the division.
3. Head-to-head competition versus the team within the division with the best overall (divisional and non-divisional) Conference win-percentage, and proceeding through the division. Multiple ties within the division will be broken first to last, using the league’s tie-breaker policies.
4. Combined win-percentage versus all common non-divisional opponents.
5. Overall win-percentage versus non-divisional opponents.
6. Win-percentage versus common non-divisional opponents based upon their order of finish (overall conference win-percentage) and proceeding through other common non-divisional opponents based upon their divisional order of finish.
7. The tied team with the highest ranking by the Team Rating Score metric provided by SportSource Analytics following the conclusion of regular season games.
8. The representative shall be chosen by a draw as administered by the Commissioner or Commissioner’s designee.

YES! So frustrating that our administrators cannot understand that a couple softer degrees do NOT harm your school's ratings in other majors.

Sent from my ZTE A2017U using Tapatalk
It has nothing whatsoever to do with our administrators, whoever they are. It's all about the Georgia BOR, and Tech cannot do anything without their approval, which they have never given.

Animal02

Banned
I’ll put it this way. Let’s assume Duke losses to Clemson and GT wins out. We then need Pitt to lose 2 games, so let’s assume that happens. Then we need either VT or UVA to also have only 3 losses, so let’s assume at least 1 or both do that. You now have a 3 or 4 way tie. If Pitts losses to both Miami and VT then we are in because Pitt would be knocked because of rule 1 and 2 listed below. let’s say Pitt losses to only one of Miami or VT but losses to WF, we then have at least 3 teams with the same for number 1 and 2 as listed below. In this case we would win number 3 and still be in. So if there is a 3 or 4 way tie GT makes it in no matter what, unless I’m just way off on something.

B. Three (or More) Team Tie
(Three team (or more) tiebreaker procedure will be used to break all ties to identify the Championship game representative. Once a team is eliminated from the tie, the tie-breaker procedures restart for the remaining teams. If the three (or more) team tie can only be reduced to two teams, the two-team tiebreaker format will then be applied).
1. Combined head-to-head win-percentage among the tied teams.
2. Win-percentage of the tied teams within the division.
3. Head-to-head competition versus the team within the division with the best overall (divisional and non-divisional) Conference win-percentage, and proceeding through the division. Multiple ties within the division will be broken first to last, using the league’s tie-breaker policies.
4. Combined win-percentage versus all common non-divisional opponents.
5. Overall win-percentage versus non-divisional opponents.
6. Win-percentage versus common non-divisional opponents based upon their order of finish (overall conference win-percentage) and proceeding through other common non-divisional opponents based upon their divisional order of finish.
7. The tied team with the highest ranking by the Team Rating Score metric provided by SportSource Analytics following the conclusion of regular season games.
8. The representative shall be chosen by a draw as administered by the Commissioner or Commissioner’s designee.

Not so sure.....if....GT wins out @5-3, Pitt loses to VT and WF but beats UM, VT beats Pitt and UM but loses to UVA. Duke loses to Clemson and beats Wake.
GT and Pitt would both be 2-1 and UVA and VT are 1-2 head to head (if I read it correctly) which means we lose out.
If it fell to head to head against the next best team......Duke, we still lose out.

Animal02

Banned

Not true. If Pitt loses to VT and UM and beats WF, and UVA beats VT (or VT loses to UM and beats UVA) we end up with a 3 or 4 way tie. In that event, it goes to head to head within the division. In that case....Pitt gets knocked out in the first round...then it goes head to head which GT wins against VT and UVA.

RonJohn

Helluva Engineer
Not true. If Pitt loses to VT and UM and beats WF, and UVA beats VT (or VT loses to UM and beats UVA) we end up with a 3 or 4 way tie. In that event, it goes to head to head within the division. In that case....Pitt gets knocked out in the first round...then it goes head to head which GT wins against VT and UVA.
First it is win percentage amoung the tied teams. Pitt needs to lose to UVA and VT in a four way tie. They beat UVA, so a four way tie doesn't work. A three way tie with vt, Pitt, and GT, then it goes to division win percentage. If Pitt loses to Miami and VT, then GT and VT will have the better division record. Then GT wins the head to head.

Possible, but not probable.

Last edited:

Animal02

Banned
First it is win percentage amoung the tied teams. Pitt needs to lose to UVA and VT in a four way tie. They beat UVA, so a four way tie doesn't work. A three way tie with vt, Pitt, and GT, then it goes to division win percentage. If Pitt loses to Miami and VT, then GT and VT will have the better division record. Then GT wins the head to head.

Possible, but not probable.
Didn't fully look at UVA.....yes, they would be the first to fall in a 4 way tie, then Pitt in the 3 way, and VT head to head. Was trying to show that Tech did not need to have Pitt lose all three games in order to win the division, unlikely,, though