Coastal Chaos

LibertyTurns

Banned
U is a hard team to figure out. Will they have an uprising in pride & come out showing the Dook game was a fluke and play to their natural potential? Will they go for highlight reel plays because they’re all about making the NFL? Will they roll over & play dead because their agent is telling them to avoid getting hurt and losing a chance at all the $$?

My vote is a combination of 2 & 3. They will try to pull off highlight reel plays early & if they get stopped the embarrassment factor will come in & they’ll back off. One guy goes down with an injury regardless of how it happens and their DL will back off. Fear of the chop will rule the day.

MikeJackets1967

Helluva Engineer
U is a hard team to figure out. Will they have an uprising in pride & come out showing the Dook game was a fluke and play to their natural potential? Will they go for highlight reel plays because they’re all about making the NFL? Will they roll over & play dead because their agent is telling them to avoid getting hurt and losing a chance at all the $$?

My vote is a combination of 2 & 3. They will try to pull off highlight reel plays early & if they get stopped the embarrassment factor will come in & they’ll back off. One guy goes down with an injury regardless of how it happens and their DL will back off. Fear of the chop will rule the day.
I think Miami will lose to GT,beat Virginia Tech and lose to Pitt finishing 6-6 and winding up in the Gasparilla Bowl.

GTNavyNuke

Helluva Engineer
Featured Member
Everything we needed to happen this weekend happened. So we are still good if the pieces fall for us.

I am almost hoping we win out and Pitt is the Coastal champ. I do not see any reason to want another shot at Clemson.

No rational Coastal team would want to be embarrassed by Clemson like L'Ville was yesterday.

I think we'd do a lot better than L'Ville. But Clemson athletes are too much better and playing as a team for any scheme to overcome with the Coastal athletes.

That said, I'd rather see us play Clemson than not. No real expectations of winning (5%) but the more games the better. It is better to be somewhat relevant than not relevant.

slugboy

Staff member
Imagine being a fan of your team and not wanting them to play in their conference championship game.

I hope the players take a different attitude than some of y’all on here.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

For this week, the goals ought to be to finally get a win against Miami and to be bowl eligible. Last win vs Miami was 2014. How many players on this team have beaten Miami? Our last bowl was 2016; how many players haven’t been to a bowl?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Animal02

Banned
I'm having a hard time figuring out how we win in a 3/4 way tie. Combined h2h win percentage among the tied teams is going to eliminate UVA and VT and then we'll lose on h2h to Pitt. Think we need them to lose the next 3 games which looks really unlikely.

Think we need a VT win over Pitt. That puts us in a 3 way tie with a good ol' circle of suck (GT > VT > Pitt > GT etc...) and then we win it on division record I guess? What happens if UVA gets in on this as well?
Not quite....you get eliminate per step. So if in a three or four way tie, if each is 1/1 head to head, it goes to step 2, If GT and VT are 75% in division, and Pitt and U VA are 50% for example....Pitt and UVA get eliminated and then you go back to step 1 which is head to head....in that case GT tops VT.
If Pitt only loses two games.....we need a third in order to have a chance.

MWBATL

Helluva Engineer
I'll be very happy if GT is 7-4 going into the UGAG game:cigar:
I will be happier.

Very happy would have included wins over Pitt and USF, both of which I will always believe in my heart we should have won.

I will say having seen Alabama live last night, I would NEVER want to see GT play those guys. They were *beasts*, especially on defense.

Bogey

Helluva Engineer
They just interviewed a Duke LB and asked him what his easiest and toughest classes are. Easiest = Yoga. Toughest = Introduction to Political Econ. Duke gets as much positive press about academics as we do, but there's your difference. Their players have an easier academic path.
YES! So frustrating that our administrators cannot understand that a couple softer degrees do NOT harm your school's ratings in other majors.

Sent from my ZTE A2017U using Tapatalk

iceeater1969

Helluva Engineer
No rational Coastal team would want to be embarrassed by Clemson like L'Ville was yesterday.

I think we'd do a lot better than L'Ville. But Clemson athletes are too much better and playing as a team for any scheme to overcome with the Coastal athletes.

That said, I'd rather see us play Clemson than not. No real expectations of winning (5%) but the more games the better. It is better to be somewhat relevant than not relevant.
I say a rematch would be great. We would have to find a way to go OVER that d l and we would be a better team

AUFC

Helluva Engineer
Actually our Coastal chances officially move to 0% if Pitt beats VT this weekend. We can't win in any tiebreaker scenarios with Pitt, VT, and/or UVA. And VT has everything to play for because they control their own destiny still.

bobongo

Helluva Engineer
Pitt v VT kickoff at 3:30pm next week. If Pitt loses that game, our 7pm kick with Miami becomes absolutely massive.

It's big. A win by VT will give the Jackets even more incentive to beat Miami. If those two things happen, we probably only need to beat UVa and have Pitt lose at Miami last week of the season to get another shot at the 800 lb. gorilla. Still a longshot, but possible.

Forget Duke - they still have said 800 lb. gorilla looming on their ACC schedule.