Coaching Carousel 5 - You have to look through the rain to see the rainbow

kg01

Get-Bak! Coach
Featured Member
im not in hiding, I just don’t share the party line that In order to be a “true fan” you need to accept unacceptable results simply due to monetary circumstance. I have no desire to ruin the GTSwarm experience for anyone and the way I go about things may not be the most tactful, but don’t ever question my fan hood or intentions. Once again, after seeing the Ball State game, I was correct but am somehow still an instigator. I’m over being made out to be a pessimist for simply telling the story as it is....

Enjoy....

I think we all see the train coming at us .... that's all I got. Folks just don't want to walk in on ...

smacking.gif

... every thread until d-day.

Peacone36

Helluva Engineer
I think we all see the train coming at us .... that's all I got. Folks just don't want to walk in on ...

smacking.gif

... every thread until d-day.

And that’s the reason for my quiet. I don’t possess the ability to just put on a happy face. I’m gonna say what I feel and typically try to back it up with numbers.

kg01

Get-Bak! Coach
Featured Member
And that’s the reason for my quiet. I don’t possess the ability to just put on a happy face. I’m gonna say what I feel and typically try to back it up with numbers.

It's tough. I don't think I happy-face it, but I also know I hold my tongue ... significantly. Even still, folks know where so stand. Delicate balance.

Peacone36

Helluva Engineer
Y'all can like Bruce Pearl all y'all want but you better also acknowledge he's a known cheater.

I'm on record that I don't much care about cheating anymore since the system is as broke as broke can be.

Just find it comical when anyone suggests the bbq at his house was "all" he did. As if he's some babe in the woods.

And he's a rat fink on top of it all.

he was actually punished because he encouraged those attending the BBQ to lie about specifically Aaron Craft I believe. Kelvin Sampson is also “a cheater” but guilty of things that are now legal...

Peacone36

Helluva Engineer
My belief is on experience and knowledge of the game. You’re stirring the pot is nothing more than make Beau Bock move from the past. Trying to start something. I could care less what people outside of the GT family think

aren’t you one of the ones that insist that talking poorly of the program influences possible recruits? Wouldn’t that suggest you should care what those outside of the program currently interpret its standing to be? Posting a poll doesn’t mean I influence it, my following stretches from coastline to coastline...

LibertyTurns

Banned
aren’t you one of the ones that insist that talking poorly of the program influences possible recruits? Wouldn’t that suggest you should care what those outside of the program currently interpret its standing to be? Posting a poll doesn’t mean I influence it, my following stretches from coastline to coastline...
GT fans often think that nobody else talks about our programs. Maybe not as many do now as before, but there’s plenty of casual college football & basketball fans wondering WTH is going on at GT. It’s like a rollercoaster ride except there’s few peaks & many valleys.

g0lftime

Helluva Engineer
he was actually punished because he encouraged those attending the BBQ to lie about specifically Aaron Craft I believe. Kelvin Sampson is also “a cheater” but guilty of things that are now legal...
I thought Pearl got in trouble at UT for making lots of calls to recruits during dead periods when he was warned to stop.

kg01

Get-Bak! Coach
Featured Member
Troubling report out of Evansville ...

https://www.yahoo.com/sports/evansville-walter-mccarty-placed-leave-212058022.html

Evansville head coach Walter McCarty has been placed on administrative leave pending an investigation into possible Title IX violations, the school announced on Friday.

In a memo released by school president Christopher M. Pietruszkiewicz, the school noted that McCarty has been accused of “unwelcome conduct” but did not specify what that conduct is.

Talk about your ups and downs. Evansville beat UK this year. Now this. Less than ideal.

ETA: I resisted the urge to say there's been some unwelcome conduct in the form of bad coachin' at a certain other institute. :D

dtm1997

Helluva Engineer
Featured Member
Here's a bit of GT staff-agnostic info. There's a bigger picture issue that needs to be solved for the long-term, rather than the here & now.