Coaching Carousel 5 - You have to look through the rain to see the rainbow

orientalnc

Helluva Engineer
Retired Staff

Are we going to have a bunch of "Do we want Pastner?" posts after every loss this season? Jeez, we were short two guys who would be starting and hung pretty well with one of the best teams in the country. Like what happens in too many games, we had a stretch of a few minutes in the first half where we could not buy a basket from anywhere on the floor. That is not Pastner's fault. Otherwise we played Kentucky straight up.

I know @Peacone36 has never been a Pastner fan, so his poll is not out character. But what does it do for us as fans to be debating this so often.

Connell62

Helluva Engineer
Featured Member
Are we going to have a bunch of "Do we want Pastner?" posts after every loss this season? Jeez, we were short two guys who would be starting and hung pretty well with one of the best teams in the country. Like what happens in too many games, we had a stretch of a few minutes in the first half where we could not buy a basket from anywhere on the floor. That is not Pastner's fault. Otherwise we played Kentucky straight up.

I know @Peacone36 has never been a Pastner fan, so his poll is not out character. But what does it do for us as fans to be debating this so often.

Thank you! I don’t care what your opinion is, you must be tired of this **** every day.

GT11

GT Athlete

Not just fans but recruits and current players. There hear this bull@@@@ whether you believe it or not. Constant negativism like this from their so called fans and supporters can and will destroy the team and progress that has been made. This site used to be enjoyable. But all the bashing is ridiculously. People let their pride keep them from seeing what is happening. They get made when you speak facts concerning the team and being without two of their players. Seems to me they have a personal agenda, not supporting the team. I still believe things will change with Devoe, JA, and Usher are on the floor together. Let the season play out. That’s my soap box whether you like it or not

orientalnc

Helluva Engineer
Retired Staff
And yet the results would suggest otherwise given a no bias polling
I disagree with the point that his poll is not biased. He is always trying to stir things up and his followers are of the same ilk. But I don't really have an issue with his poll. It's meaningless. What I was pointing out in my post is the negativism on the board is not helpful. After every loss someone feels the need to bash Pastner.

Connell62

Helluva Engineer
Featured Member
And yet the results would suggest otherwise given a no bias polling
I disagree with the point that his poll is not biased. He is always trying to stir things up and his followers are of the same ilk. But I don't really have an issue with his poll. It's meaningless. What I was pointing out in my post is the negativism on the board is not helpful. After every loss someone feels the need to bash Pastner.

Nail, meet head!! Funny you should that! If you didn’t already know, that Twitter handle belongs to Peacone. The same person that likes to stir things up here.

GT11

GT Athlete
just because my opinion (as well as stats supporting my opinion) counter your delicate belief system, doesn’t mean I’m stirring the pot. I’m simply trying to educate you on what the rest of the country already seems clear on.
My belief is on experience and knowledge of the game. You’re stirring the pot is nothing more than make Beau Bock move from the past. Trying to start something. I could care less what people outside of the GT family think

CuseJacket

Administrator
Staff member
Created this thread for GT "yay/nay" coaching discussion, among other coaching hot seat musings. Similar to coaching debates on the football board and in the past for basketball, many (most?) would rather not have this topic permeate throughout and/or take over other threads that are dedicated to game discussion, general discussion, etc. Deal?

JacketOff

Helluva Engineer
I don’t see anyway Pastner survives this season. This team is awful and he doesn’t deserve the benefit of the doubt.
I don’t think Tech will ever have reasonable success with Pastner at the helm, but he’ll be the HC for next season regardless, and maybe the 2021-‘22 season as well just because of the financial situation within the GTAA. Hopefully the football situation will work out and provide some stability in order to overhaul the basketball program. Pastner hasn’t recruited well at all, been at the center of investigations, his offenses have been atrocious, tons of awful losses, hasn’t beat UGA, gives fans NO reason to be excited. I think just about everyone can agree he shouldn’t be the guy, but he is and he will be by default.

Gtbowhunter90

In Black Bear Country
Contributing Writer
Here come the excuses, despite him running this program further into the ground. Go back a few years, and I still feel they should have fired him the day the Bell accusations came to light. Nothing has been the same since.
They absolutely should've fired his butt that night! We will not sniff the NCAA for many, many years if ever again. This is a sad day.

Also I fully expect my post to be deleted lol