Coaching Carousel 4 - Hard work pays off in the future, laziness pays off now

lauraee

Helluva Engineer

Candy wants to keep him on somehow to avoid the buyout. Lol how does that work?

I so hope all the good names just say no.

Peacone36

Helluva Engineer
@dtm1997 warning: I am asking a question, not alleging anything. Thus, no proof or evidence to provide. Just the thoughts that cross my mind as I read this thread...

I wonder if Drew's sudden / unexpected ouster is in any way related to information that Vandy is privy to w/r/t his sudden recruiting success and the various FBI / adidas investigations.

You guys could just ignore each other as an act of kindness towards the rest of us

kg01

Get-Bak! Coach
Featured Member

Hmm, I wonder if Marshall missed his chance to hit the bigtime?

And @Peacone36 don't stop them. I'm waiting for their beef to build up to a 'meet me at the varsity' showdown.

kung-fool.gif

Put yer shake down first next time, dtm.

dtm1997

Helluva Engineer
Featured Member
Hmm, I wonder if Marshall missed his chance to hit the bigtime?

And @Peacone36 don't stop them. I'm waiting for their beef to build up to a 'meet me at the varsity' showdown.

kung-fool.gif

Put yer shake down first next time, dtm.

You know I'm the younger one, making that @mstranahan the one with the shake.

@kg01 why do you keep botching your attempts at snark? Just the worst.

#yesIbulliedyouagain

dtm1997

Helluva Engineer
Featured Member
@dtm1997 warning: I am asking a question, not alleging anything. Thus, no proof or evidence to provide. Just the thoughts that cross my mind as I read this thread...

I wonder if Drew's sudden / unexpected ouster is in any way related to information that Vandy is privy to w/r/t his sudden recruiting success and the various FBI / adidas investigations.

This is outlandish. Clearly, Drew screwed the pooch by not doing a better job of learning from his successful brother at Baylor how to cover up his cheating.

Bryce Drew should've done a better job of dropping bags. Shameful really.

kg01

Get-Bak! Coach
Featured Member
You know I'm the younger one, making that @mstranahan the one with the shake.

@kg01 why do you keep botching your attempts at snark? Just the worst.

#yesIbulliedyouagain

Eh, I stand by my gif.

Anyways ... I tend to agree with this ..

Vandy had a key injury but dang that shouldn't render you totally incapable of winning a conference game.

RamblinRed

Helluva Engineer
Featured Member
I would agree about the 0 wins thing. Heck, Pastner hasn't won fewer than 6 ACC games. Even without Garland this was still a team with a 5-star and multiple 4-star signees.
Would be interesting to see how big his buyout is. Since Vandy is private they don't have to release numbers but the reported salary package at hiring was 6 yrs/16.3MM.

The AD at Vandy is brand new and came from the G-League. He reportedly watched one practice and his first meeting with Drew was the one where he fired him. Makes you wonder if he has a G-League coach in mind. The AD has no previous college experience.

kg01

Get-Bak! Coach
Featured Member
I would agree about the 0 wins thing. Heck, Pastner hasn't won fewer than 6 ACC games. Even without Garland this was still a team with a 5-star and multiple 4-star signees.
Would be interesting to see how big his buyout is. Since Vandy is private they don't have to release numbers but the reported salary package at hiring was 6 yrs/16.3MM.

The AD at Vandy is brand new and came from the G-League. He reportedly watched one practice and his first meeting with Drew was the one where he fired him. Makes you wonder if he has a G-League coach in mind. The AD has no previous college experience.

Interesting. Talk about a horrid first impression. Must've been a terribad practice.

A name like Larranaga (Selltics asst coach) could emerge.

dtm1997

Helluva Engineer
Featured Member
Hate to disappoint you @kg01 @dtm1997 and I are on same page about ice cream and your woefully lacking sense of taste. More likely that we would meet at a good ice cream joint for a smackdown than at Varsity or a place that serves (ugh) Mayfield

This is a good point to bring up as we enter warmer weather.

@kg01 has atrocious taste in ice cream.

kg01

Get-Bak! Coach
Featured Member
See how easy it was to bring you two turds together. I'm the board peace-maker.

You're welcome, mods.