Coaching Carousel 4 - Hard work pays off in the future, laziness pays off now

FightWinDrink

Helluva Engineer
Bryce Drew f'ed up when he snubbed us. Should have realized he would have had infinite job security at GT with our bad finances

g0lftime

Helluva Engineer
Vandy has some big time donors that care about their basketball program. They have had some success in the past and don't be surprised if they pony up some big bucks for their next hire.

g0lftime

Helluva Engineer
Will anyone go after Amaker or is he in waiting for Duke. I am surprised some one has not gone big after him especially an academic school like vandy. Nashville has become a popular city and should be a good attraction for recruiting even with all that country music.

slugboy

Staff member
Will anyone go after Amaker or is he in waiting for Duke. I am surprised some one has not gone big after him especially an academic school like vandy. Nashville has become a popular city and should be a good attraction for recruiting even with all that country music.

Amaker has had offers. When you’ve coached Jeremy Lin at Harvard, you get offers.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

ESPNjacket

Helluva Engineer
Amaker has had offers. When you’ve coached Jeremy Lin at Harvard, you get offers.

He isn't helped by spending 10 years in major conference basketball with one NCAA tournament appearance. The problem isn't getting offers for jobs. It is getting offers for better jobs than Harvard. That isn't a bad gig.

RamblinRed

Helluva Engineer
Featured Member
He isn't helped by spending 10 years in major conference basketball with one NCAA tournament appearance. The problem isn't getting offers for jobs. It is getting offers for better jobs than Harvard. That isn't a bad gig.

Harvard is a great level for Amaker, not convinced he would succeed at a P5 level. Also, his wife is on the medical staff at Harvard so whoever wants to hire him has to be able to help her get a comparable position.

Peacone36

Helluva Engineer

He wants zero part of Duke and following K IMHO. He may have found his home

g0lftime

Helluva Engineer
Have always heard this is the reason he will never leave
Vandy and Duke both have outstanding medical schools and hospitals on campus. I do have doubts that anyone will be able to follow a legend like Coach K. Next guy up will never measure up. Just like legends Wooten at UCLA and Dean Smith at UNC.

ESPNjacket

Helluva Engineer
Is that a better job ?

That's an interesting question. It is a much better conference, especially with their new TV contract that is about a quarter of a power 5 TV contract. Neither program has much of a following. I'd think being in a multi-bid league is almost always preferable. Tulane would have to convince him that they are committed to winning, I would guess.