Coaching Carousel 3 - Burn It All Down Edition

lv20gt

Helluva Engineer
No one expects Gregs to be up for the AZ job. We were suggesting a non-descript, controversy-free guy like Gregs.

And Gregs-to-MichSt isn't that far-fetched considering the mess they have on their hands.

Controversy free like bringing in a former player who got caught with a hooker the night before the NIT championship game, only to have him turn around and get a dui while having a two guns in the car? How about controversy free like getting our probation extended with months of getting hired? But yeah, it's not far-fetched to think that MSU will hire a a former Izzo assistant with no history of success right after firing him, or effectively firing him lol.

kg01

Get-Bak! Coach
Featured Member
Controversy free like bringing in a former player who got caught with a hooker the night before the NIT championship game, only to have him turn around and get a dui while having a two guns in the car? How about controversy free like getting our probation extended with months of getting hired? But yeah, it's not far-fetched to think that MSU will hire a a former Izzo assistant with no history of success right after firing him, or effectively firing him lol.

Nothing you mention would even register on the radar considering what they're dealing with.

Thanks for checkin' in though.

dtm1997

Helluva Engineer
Featured Member
So they’re gonna punish LSU? For basketball? Isn’t that sorta like kicking Cleveland State because Kentucky cheated?
espnapi_ncb_g_tark5_ms_576x324_wmain.jpg

RyanS12

Helluva Engineer
Re: The Michigan St job. Gregory would get an interview. That’s about it. Tom Crean would be on the list as well as State assistant Dane Fife.
Dewayne Stephens was basically the coach in waiting but his name has been tied to the Miles Bridges investigation and I would think MSU would want to stay away from that. If andbwhen Izzo retires or “retires” State will most likely hire a mid west guy.

kg01

Get-Bak! Coach
Featured Member
Totally rando but am I the only one kinda surprised, but kinda not surprised, by how much Ollie has struggled at UConn.

Kinda weird how, now that cheatin' Calhoun is gone, their recruiting as dried up substantially. Weird (but not).

Ollie shoulda jumped at the OKC job while his name was hot.

On another note, it always warms my cockles to see Richmond falling on hard times after giving Mooney his lifetime contract. I'd be pissed if I was them. He's done next to nothing since getting that deal.