1. Welcome to Georgia Tech Swarm! JOIN US and be a part of the SWARM! GO JACKETS! THWg!

Coaching Carousel 3 - Burn It All Down Edition

Discussion in 'Georgia Tech Basketball' started by dtm1997, Feb 19, 2018.

1. dtm1997

dtm1997 Helluva Engineer Featured Member

It's almost that time of year... this might be a real **** show this year.

CuseJacket likes this.
  2. kg01

kg01 Get-Bak! Coach Featured Member

Definitely eggspecting a shat-show, 'specially if any more FBI-related comes to light.

I'm expecting to see some 'mmyeah, I decided to retire totally independent of the FBI stuff *wink* *wink*'.

I expect to see some, 'dayum, you're still here?' firings and some, 'oh wow, you got fired' stuff too.

gtpi and bwelbo like this.
  3. bwelbo

bwelbo Helluva Engineer

Yep, I think there will be a record amount of carnage. But not for Rat Face or Roy Cheatilliams.

MikeJackets1967 likes this.
  4. MikeJackets1967

MikeJackets1967 Helluva Engineer

I think John Calipari survives a down season by UK but he will be on a hotseat during the 2018-2019 season.

5. bwelbo

bwelbo Helluva Engineer

It’s amazing you could have the type of roster he has and play the way they are. The Georgia of basketball.

lauraee and MikeJackets1967 like this.
  6. MikeJackets1967

A lot of Kentucky fans on the Catspause Message Board said they hoped that all their young players would leave for the NBA. They said they were stupid and couldn't be taught by Calipari.

lauraee and bwelbo like this.
  7. RyanS12

RyanS12 Helluva Engineer

I’m just gonna say it....Tom Izzo..... Another play caught in a sexual assault case (walk-on, but that shouldn’t matter) There’s already been talk with heavy hitting alums that he and/or Dantonio are on thin ice.

kg01 and lauraee like this.
  8. MikeJackets1967

Mark Dantonio got a contract extension until 2024;) Tom Izzo may very well have to walk the plank for the sins of Michigan State.

9. Peacone36

Peacone36 ACCBasketballReport.com Contributing Writer

o_O

Silk3 likes this.
  10. MikeJackets1967

The spoiled UK fans are not in a good mood at all;) While all the fans of other teams would just be happy to make the NCAA Tournament at all:LOL:

lauraee likes this.
  11. RyanS12

RyanS12 Helluva Engineer

As much of the off field issues MSU football has had the last few years the basketball program has hidden some very bad skeletons that are coming out lately.

Last edited: Feb 19, 2018
  12. dtm1997

13. JacketFromUGA

JacketFromUGA Helluva Engineer

Gulag

Don’t see that word in tweets that often.

14. slugboy

slugboy Moderator Staff Member

If I were a Kentucky fan, I'd be sitting in my recliner glad not to be Louisville.

15. Peacone36

Peacone36 ACCBasketballReport.com Contributing Writer

Why? They took a visual aid down from a building. It essentially effects Louisville zero.

LargeFO and MikeJackets1967 like this.
  16. dtm1997

17. RamblinRed

RamblinRed Helluva Engineer Featured Member

This could be such a weird year since whatever the FBI has uncovered, it is likely at least a yr before NCAA gets any peek at that. Given that will some schools think it might be better to wait things out a year or two instead of hiring someone and then finding out they are in the FBI documents?

I can definitely see where it would be a negative for alot of high major assts - the ones known as 'great recruiters' I could see AD's saying i'm not taking a chance on him until I know he is clean.

MikeJackets1967 likes this.
  18. dtm1997

19. orientalnc

orientalnc Helluva Engineer

In spite of our recent failures against uga, I kinda like having Fox as their coach.

20. RyanS12

RyanS12 Helluva Engineer

I’m not to worried about UGA hiring anyone that’s considered a home run. I think the school is so wrapped up in football that hoops isn’t a priority.