Coaching Carousel 3 - Burn It All Down Edition

CuseJacket

Administrator
Staff member
What am I missing? Only reason he'd leave Ariz is to get out before the reaper. But, in this case, the reaper likely follows him with a show cause. So, if you're Pitt, why bother?

Unless he's all mad because Ariz hung him out to dry in that 1-game "suspension". Even so, it's not like he was innocent. He just got off on a typo.

This is really weird. Almost as weird as Mack to Lville (potentially). Common denominator in both cases though is they both mean nothing is coming of the FBI thing.

@CuseJacket you know the answer to your questions is Hurley to S'Cuse.
No thanks

RamblinRed

Helluva Engineer
Featured Member
Hurley's job info shows how much the market has shifted this year.
in past years he would have been a $2MM/yr guy, $2.5MM at most. But there were a couple of teams desperate to land him for jobs that weren't super attractive right now so they really had to pay up for him.

That salary would put him in at least the top 3rd of ACC coaches i believe.

jeffgt14

We don't quite suck as much anymore.
Good move by Hurley. Not sure how much success he'll have but that's a good deal.

I don't get the Mack to Louisville thing at all. They must be offering a metric asston of dollar bills because I don't see why he would step into that mess. Why didn't he just go to Ohio State?

Peacone36

Helluva Engineer
Good move by Hurley. Not sure how much success he'll have but that's a good deal.

I don't get the Mack to Louisville thing at all. They must be offering a metric asston of dollar bills because I don't see why he would step into that mess. Why didn't he just go to Ohio State?

Bourbon fan?

RamblinRed

Helluva Engineer
Featured Member
From an article in the Memphis paper.

Sources familiar with the negotiations said Hardaway is set to make at least $4.5 million during the initial three-year contract he signed with Memphis.
He will have an average annual salary of $1.5 million, although the exact amounts each year and the specifics of his incentives package remain unknown as of Thursday evening.

The school now owes Smith nearly $10 million because he had three years remaining on his five-year, $15.45 million deal.
Smith's contract included a stipulation that will allow the university to pay it off over six years and didn't feature an offset clause should Smith get another job. Smith could earn an average of $1.665 million per year until 2024.

Hardaway's hiring at Memphis was due, in part, to the university's desire to increase revenue associated with the men's basketball program. Attendance at Tigers' home games fell to a 48-year-low this past season.
University President M. David Rudd also revealed at Hardaway's introductory press conference on Tuesday that the program will lose about $4.7 million in revenue this year and saw its season-ticket sales reach a modern era low of 4,115.

That last sentence is obviously why memphis made a move. in the short term Penny's hire will obviously improve the financial numbers with more tickets and concessions sold. But long term it will still come down to can he succeed at the college level.

kg01

Get-Bak! Coach
Featured Member
Another opening ...

Should be a decent gig for a guy looking to take that next step. Who's left that's up and coming but hasn't moved up yet? The Moton(sp?) guy at NCA&T (I think)?

kg01

Get-Bak! Coach
Featured Member
Sorry to see that news. We love Coach G in Maine. Was the last coach to make that program competitive.

Would yall be willing to change a city in your home state to "Gucci"?

Also, thinking of taking the kg's to Maine just to do something different. Any recommendations?