Coaching Carousel 3 - Burn It All Down Edition

Milwaukee

Banned
Me neither. In the real world, when you work with UGA alums, you find that they're often times good folks. Non-alum fans from some backwoods Walmart location are probably a different story.

So much this. The ones that are annoying are the high school preppie/rednecks and the adult non college educated crowd. UGA alum from my experience are solid people and fans. Same with Bama and Auburn.

GTpdm

Helluva Engineer
What he said is true in many cases, not all. I know some UGA alum that are wildly annoying just in more subtle ways than their sidewalkies.
This is so true. I have friends from high school who went to uGA and earned truly vsluable degrees. When I run into them now, they can be sooooooooooooo condescending about our athletic program vis a vis theirs. They’ll smile with that “ain’t that special, how your school pretends to play big-boy football” attitude, and out of long-standing friendship I have to resist the urge to point out how “special” it is that their high school players are pretending to take big-boy college classes.

It’s no disrespect to uGA graduates, who often have resectable degrees—almost as valuable as GT degrees (;)@JacketFromUGA)—to point out how dismal uGA is at “edumacating” their football and basketball enrollee-athletes.

Peacone36

Helluva Engineer
So much this. The ones that are annoying are the high school preppie/rednecks and the adult non college educated crowd. UGA alum from my experience are solid people and fans. Same with Bama and Auburn.

Except when Bama and Auburn fans run into each other...

A guy I worked with in PA was with me in a pool hall one night and a local walked by and tossed him a shoulder. Justin (wearing a Bama hat) said, “Excuse me boss”, the kid looked at him and said “Bama huh?”, Justin realized what was going on and just looked at him and said “Roll Tide mother******”

The kid just walked away but it was pretty hilarious to me. You southerners and your CFB....

kg01

Get-Bak! Coach
Featured Member
Except when Bama and Auburn fans run into each other...

A guy I worked with in PA was with me in a pool hall one night and a local walked by and tossed him a shoulder. Justin (wearing a Bama hat) said, “Excuse me boss”, the kid looked at him and said “Bama huh?”, Justin realized what was going on and just looked at him and said “Roll Tide mother******”

The kid just walked away but it was pretty hilarious to me. You southerners and your CFB....

On top of all that, it seems their equipment manager finds the team to be very photogenic .... in the shower.

https://www.ajc.com/sports/college/...en-camera-locker-room/0FcBykodgzUuYyUo2HW6KO/

... ewwww.

LibertyTurns

Banned

dtm1997

Helluva Engineer
Featured Member
To the extent any of these candidates want to take on the challenges of academics, some names we may possibly consider.

kg01

Get-Bak! Coach
Featured Member
To the extent any of these candidates want to take on the challenges of academics, some names we may possibly consider.

I remember Ricky Moore being essential to UCONN's recruiting under Calhoun, especially down south. Would be a great add, assuming he's not dirtier than a pig in slop.

Peacone36

Helluva Engineer
Yeah I’m one of those people.

The arrogance of that account often annoys me but I think it’s just one Of the guys who is on it.