Coaching Carousel 2 - A New Dawn

Lightbulb

Jolly Good Fellow
The NC State fans are bitching on twitter about possibly getting Scott Drew, Ed Cooley or Frank Martin.

These people are crazy.

Is Archie Miller in play for NCSU? I live in Raleigh and that's all I'm hearing from them, how Miller is going to turn their program around. I heard the same thing when Lowe was hired though...

Peacone36

Helluva Engineer
I think Keatts is their most likely and best option but even he may have better options (VCU if Wade Leaves? Clemson if he stays)

MikeJackets

Helluva Engineer
I think Keatts is their most likely and best option but even he may have better options (VCU if Wade Leaves? Clemson if he stays)
VCU could always go out on a limb and hire Bruce Pearl away from Auburn. Auburn cares nothing about basketball and could possibly be outbid. Bruce Pearl is a basketball version of Butch Jones. He can recruit very well but isn't a great game head coach.

dtm1997

Helluva Engineer
Featured Member
NC State should sign Keatts, give him time to build something, and enjoy the ride. I think he can get it done. He's been successful in-state and plays a fun style of hoops.

I think NC State has a crack at Wade, but is he waiting for Clemson at some point, his alma mater.

Auburn is right on the verge under Pearl. I'd love for him to leave though because it would create a ton more recruiting oppty for us in-state.

I think Frank Martin would consider NC State, but would need assurances Yow is really leaving and a long, lucrative contract. I think he'd do well there.

Memphis has reached a record well above .500 and .500 in conference, yet they still ***** & moan about CJP, mainly during debacles like yesterday's blow out to SMU.

Meanwhile, here's Mizzou's hot board, per Rivals.

Last edited:

MikeJackets

Helluva Engineer
NC State should sign Keatts, give him time to build something, and enjoy the ride. I think he can get it done. He's been successful in-state and plays a fun style of hoops.

I think NC State has a crack at Wade, but is he waiting for Clemson at some point, his alma mater.

Auburn is right on the verge under Pearl. I'd love for him to leave though because it would create a ton more recruiting oppty for us in-state.

I think Frank Martin would consider NC State, but would need assurances Yow is really leaving and a long, lucrative contract. I think he'd do well there.

Memphis has reached a record well above .500 and .500 in conference, yet they still ***** & moan about CJP, mainly during debacles like yesterday's blow out to SMU.

Meanwhile, here's Mizzou's hot board, per Rivals.

Auburn is on the rise but it probably wont be up there for too very long. I would put my money on Coach Pearl screwing up again and getting Auburn in trouble with the NCAA like he did with Northern Kentucky, Wisconsin-Milwaukee and Tennessee. Missouri is such a low profile program that they will be forced to hire whoever will take on the job.

Peacone36

Helluva Engineer
Auburn is on the rise but it probably wont be up there for too very long. I would put my money on Coach Pearl screwing up again and getting Auburn in trouble with the NCAA like he did with Northern Kentucky, Wisconsin-Milwaukee and Tennessee. Missouri is such a low profile program that they will be forced to hire whoever will take on the job.

Mizzou can be a good job. Traditionally they aren't terrible I don't beleive. (Without looking) I don't know who they would go after though. Musselman? I think he goes to LSU. Forbes or McCall could fit.

dtm1997

Helluva Engineer
Featured Member
Mizzou is a weird situation. They've got some solid hoops history that got all sideways when the headed to the SEC. They've got deeper pockets than a lot of us probably realize, fro both SEC & boosters. St. Louis provides a good talent base. They just can's seem to get their **** together since Mike Anderson had some success there.

dtm1997

Helluva Engineer
Featured Member
Personally, think this is a right move for Penn State. Dude has gotten talent in there and needs time to develop it.