Coaching Carousel 2 - A New Dawn

MikeJackets

Helluva Engineer
Mizzou is a weird situation. They've got some solid hoops history that got all sideways when the headed to the SEC. They've got deeper pockets than a lot of us probably realize, fro both SEC & boosters. St. Louis provides a good talent base. They just can's seem to get their **** together since Mike Anderson had some success there.
Missouri in my opinion made a big mistake when they joined the SEC. They would have been better off in the Big Xll

MikeJackets

Helluva Engineer
Mizzou can be a good job. Traditionally they aren't terrible I don't beleive. (Without looking) I don't know who they would go after though. Musselman? I think he goes to LSU. Forbes or McCall could fit.
They had some good teams in the early 80s when Steve Stipanovic played for them and off and on success after then..

dtm1997

Helluva Engineer
Featured Member
This is the job that can really set loose a chain of events that could shake some recruits loose for us if we don't close on Tucker and/or Walker.

RamblinRed

Helluva Engineer
Featured Member
FWIW, the AJC article today does not have the UGA fans very happy, They had a big thread going about who they could get and then they feel like cold water has been poured over them.

Their AD is expected to retire after next season, so this may be partially due to not wanting to make coaching changes until after he is gone (it's hard to hire a coach if he knows his boss is going to be gone in a year or two).

They have 2 really good recruiting assts in Hayes and Redmond (GT thought about going after Redmond for the 'asst coach with local ties' last Spring) and they have really helped Fox recruit better.

Fox has 3 yrs left on his contract so they either need to extend him this year or next. if they don't this off season they absolutely will have to extend or replace him after next year.

lauraee

Helluva Engineer
Jeff Goodman ESPN Insider
i

Names hearing on top of NC State's wish list are Butler's Chris Holtmann and VCU's Will Wade. Will be interesting to see if Debbie Yow can get either.

MikeJackets

Helluva Engineer
I have a feeling in another two seasons Tennessee will be looking for another head basketball coach. Rick Barnes is 62 and I think the game has passed him by and he can't recruit very well at all at Tennessee. I think he'll retire rather than be fired.

Peacone36

Helluva Engineer
I just can't see Holtmann or Wade going to the NCST situation. Holtmann would have a shot at IU right? Wade to Clemson. I think Keatts is the guy in Raleigh. Just makes sense to me.

Their fan base is completely delusional. Scott Drew or Ed Cooley would be disappointing? Get bent.....