Coaching Carousel 2 - A New Dawn

kg01

Get-Bak! Coach
Featured Member
lol, "elite nuts"? Love it.

And what? UGA: expected opening? Hmmm. If so, hope they botch it as usual.

kg01

Get-Bak! Coach
Featured Member
I'm still standing by comment that Duke isn't going to be as attractive a job as some think. Maybe after the first replacement for Coach K gets pressured into leaving because he's not Coach K, but not right after Coach K.

I think it'll be "attractive" but the guy who gets it will quickly regret it. Then, as you said, the guy who replaces the guy who replaced K will be in a good position.

okiemon

Helluva Engineer
I'm still standing by comment that Duke isn't going to be as attractive a job as some think. Maybe after the first replacement for Coach K gets pressured into leaving because he's not Coach K, but not right after Coach K.
I'm with you on that. It took UNC 2 hires before they got Williams; by then they realized no one was Dean Smith. And it wasn't that dissimilar for CJP when he replaced Calipari at Memphis.

g0lftime

Helluva Engineer
The NCSU job is tough now due to ACC being so good. They are still living in the coach V past. He ran a program back then like Saban does in FB. He recruited a bunch each year and weeded them out. Not as easy to do that now and prior to wholesale one and done like now. The local press really liked him there as well. He was very entertaining. Hard to find anyone like him again. Their fans are really loyal and love basketball.

RamblinRed

Helluva Engineer
Featured Member
Romar is a poor coach. He's had like 5 or 6 first round draft picks the last 5-6 yrs and has failed to make a single NCAA Tourney during that time.