Coaching Carousel 2 - A New Dawn

Peacone36

Helluva Engineer
So uhhh... we just gonna not talk about this?

Oh those poor bastards.

You can almost see him not even attending Image vs Montverde because "we won't get em anyways" while not promoting the program on social media. But hey, he's a good guy......who doesn't win

kg01

Get-Bak! Coach
Featured Member
I don't mind Fox being at UGa. He is a good coach, but not a great one. Would love for someone to pick off a couple of his assts though.

Yeah, the only reason to root for him to leave is to court discord at UGA (which I'm not totally against). The danger is that they might fart around and get the new hire right. Then we have a problem on our hands that we certainly do not have if Foxy stays.

dtm1997

Helluva Engineer
Featured Member
Yeah, the only reason to root for him to leave is to court discord at UGA (which I'm not totally against). The danger is that they might fart around and get the new hire right. Then we have a problem on our hands that we certainly do not have if Foxy stays.

I could get the new hire right at UGA. Steve Forbes.

Gotta wonder if they'd touch someone associated with Pearl at auburn though.

All that said, if UGA hoops got it right and was good, what's the problem we'd have? Having a mixed bag record against a high quality OOC team we'll play every year? Losing some recruits along the way when there are plenty to go around?

Healthy hoops programs simultaneously at UGA & GT benefits both schools because it can become a winter sports media focus and long term, maybe short of blue bloods scooping them up, every top HS kid in Georgia is going to want to play for one of the two instead of leaving the state to places like FSU, Auburn, Xavier, Alabama, Cal, etc.

I'd like to see Fox move on because I enjoy chaos when it's not in my backyard, but them doing well in hoops could have benefit for us.

kg01

Get-Bak! Coach
Featured Member
I could get the new hire right at UGA. Steve Forbes.

Gotta wonder if they'd touch someone associated with Pearl at auburn though.

All that said, if UGA hoops got it right and was good, what's the problem we'd have? Having a mixed bag record against a high quality OOC team we'll play every year? Losing some recruits along the way when there are plenty to go around?

Healthy hoops programs simultaneously at UGA & GT benefits both schools because it can become a winter sports media focus and long term, maybe short of blue bloods scooping them up, every top HS kid in Georgia is going to want to play for one of the two instead of leaving the state to places like FSU, Auburn, Xavier, Alabama, Cal, etc.

I'd like to see Fox move on because I enjoy chaos when it's not in my backyard, but them doing well in hoops could have benefit for us.

Nah, f all that. I want them to be the middlin' program they've pretty much always been. Could we forge some high profile in-state rivalry if we're both good? Sure but that'd mean dawg fans would be able to enjoy some days of their miserable lives. I'm not for that, dtm. I don't care what you say.

I'm perfectly fine with us being the state program. Thank you very much.

The only reason to root for Foxy gone is for the chaos of it which, it appears, we agree on.

On Forbes, eh I guess he fits there with his potbelly and all. Still, I figure he's probably still a lil' toxic for a real program to touch.

forensicbuzz

Helluva Engineer
Nah, f all that. I want them to be the middlin' program they've pretty much always been. Could we forge some high profile in-state rivalry if we're both good? Sure but that'd mean dawg fans would be able to enjoy some days of their miserable lives. I'm not for that, dtm. I don't care what you say.

I'm perfectly fine with us being the state program. Thank you very much.

The only reason to root for Foxy gone is for the chaos of it which, it appears, we agree on.

On Forbes, eh I guess he fits there with his potbelly and all. Still, I figure he's probably still a lil' toxic for a real program to touch.
Nah, I want them to be so bad that they disband the program. I won't be satisfied until uga scraps their entire athletic department.

kg01

Get-Bak! Coach
Featured Member
Nah, I want them to be so bad that they disband the program. I won't be satisfied until uga scraps their entire athletic department.

The hate flows deeply within this one ...

How effing terrible would it be if they fired Fox and Pearl parachuted out to them?

Ugh, I'm gonna be sick...

Meh, I'm done with overrating these coaches who absolutely can't win unless they out-talent everybody they face. Dude has been bad so far and he's a couple years in.

ETA: And, yeah, yeah I get it. Reinforcements are coming this year or w/e but what happens if they come in like the Smith kid at NC State and are better at making themselves look good than they are at winning basketball games? Then what? He's banking 100% on them panning out. Gottfired did the same.

Peacone36

Helluva Engineer
The hate flows deeply within this one ...

Meh, I'm done with overrating these coaches who absolutely can't win unless they out-talent everybody they face. Dude has been bad so far and he's a couple years in.

Underestimating him, you are