Coaches on the Hot Seat

kg01

Get-Bak! Coach
Featured Member
Yeah, once I saw Prohm had been at AL I figured that's where he'd end up. GT is a vastly better job tho. Any unbiased observer would have to agree.

dtm1997

Helluva Engineer
Featured Member
Murray State up 8 at the half over Belmont in the OVC finals on ESPN2.

Might need to consider Belmont's Rick Byrd in a Larranaga move if we're putting that idea forth about McKillop.

dtm1997

Helluva Engineer
Featured Member
Will Wade's 2-seed Chattanooga falls short to 10-seed Furman by 2pts.

Whether he gets interest from us or not, will be interesting to see if he's on the carousel this year.

McCamish Maniacs

Helluva Engineer
It's looking like Murry State may not get in tournament. Prom would be my first choice and we better be quick if he doesn't make the tourney.

Agreed

Side note, completely ridiculous that they're not gonna make the tournament. Just like SMU last year, whats the point of rankings if a ranked team doesn't make the tourney?

dtm1997

Helluva Engineer
Featured Member
Weekly rankings don't hold water against statistical analysis. They're popularity contests based on how good you think a team is.

sidewalkGTfan

Helluva Engineer
I saw someone on TV yesterday mention Murray State being left out of the tourney and my reaction was "why the hell are they in the top 25?" If you're in the top 25, you shouldn't even be on the bubble.

dtm1997

Helluva Engineer
Featured Member
Kevin Keatts, some are viewing as a hot prospect, and his UNCW squad tipping off against Northeastern on NBCSN now.

RamblinRed

Helluva Engineer
Featured Member
Bad luck for Murray St. That was a heck of a shot the kid hit. Murray St won't make the NCAA. Will be a high seed in the NIT and if motivated could make a deep run there.

Rankings are beauty pagents that have no bearing on NCAA Selection. They are also time biased while the Tourney selection is not. Tourney selection is based on your whole body of work over 4 months. if you look at the actual sheets given on teams to the selection committee you will notice the games are not even shown when they were played. Nor are conference games broken out. It is broken out by RPI strats. So the committee members do not know (unless they are keeping track separately) what your conference record and standing is, nor how well you have played down the stretch.