Coaches on the Hot Seat

dtm1997

Helluva Engineer
Featured Member
Since we originally started this to discuss the hot seat... Liberty University lost in 1st rd of its conference tourney 3-4 hours ago and they've already fired their coach after an 8-24 season.

GTRX7

Helluva Engineer
Sounds like a Paul Hewitt type deal. I thought Tom Crean was a pretty good coach? Humm... I wouldn't pay that to buyout his contract.

Plus, what they really want is Brad Stevens. Think of what they would have to pay him to make him even think about leaving the Celtics. They better have some Phil Knight like donors to make that happen.

McCamish Maniacs

Helluva Engineer
Sharman White has been named a finalist for HS coach of the year. Please please please try to get him on the staff

Found this quote online:

"One of my goals is to be a college coach," White said. "I will do high school as long as I'm called to do high school because this is my foundation, continuing to build young men.

"At some point I do want to go into college. Hopefully sooner than later. I think I have a lot to offer a program."

dtm1997

Helluva Engineer
Featured Member
Plus, what they really want is Brad Stevens. Think of what they would have to pay him to make him even think about leaving the Celtics. They better have some Phil Knight like donors to make that happen.
Depends on how much this guy loves college basketball.

image.jpg

RamblinRed

Helluva Engineer
Featured Member
SFA up 14 in the first half.
LA Tech closing in on a win.
Davidson killing VCU by 18 in the first half. VCU Has really struggled since losing Weber. 4-5 in their last 9 games. Should be a popular pick to lose in the 1st round. If Smart's HAVOC defense is not forcing TO his teams have a horrendously hard time scoring. He relies on those TO so much for points.

dtm1997

Helluva Engineer
Featured Member
SFA up 14 in the first half.
LA Tech closing in on a win.
Davidson killing VCU by 18 in the first half. VCU Has really struggled since losing Weber. 4-5 in their last 9 games. Should be a popular pick to lose in the 1st round. If Smart's HAVOC defense is not forcing TO his teams have a horrendously hard time scoring. He relies on those TO so much for points.
I think Shaka's learned that lesson and has addressed it with this recruiting class bringing in a couple of big scorers.

I flipped on LA Tech a bit. Really nice flow to the game with athletic guards. Announcers brought up a concern that LA Tech didn't necessarily have many good wins. Not sure if it means much, but a little surprising.