Coaches on the Hot Seat

Techster

Helluva Engineer
Speaking of Sheldon Jeter, is it coincidence he posted this at the time Stallings to Pitt news started breaking:

ESPNjacket

Helluva Engineer
<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" data-lang="en"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">Todd Turner engineering this deal is arguably better for Vandy than anything he did when he was actually Vandy&#39;s athletic director</p>&mdash; Dan Wolken (@DanWolken) <a href="">March 27, 2016</a></blockquote>
<script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

Techster

Helluva Engineer
CBG and Eddie Fogler have a relationship. Just putting it out there...Vandy would be a good spot for CBG. He does have a pretty good record against the SEC. I think he'd do well in the SEC, plus he's plugged into the Southeast recruiting scene. If Vandy fans can get over the initial fact he just got fired from GT, he could do well for them in the long run.

sidewalkGTfan

Helluva Engineer
I said it once before but needs to be repeated, Eddie Vogler is a genius with this business he's working. Cashing pay checks with no repercussions of the decisions being made.

GTRX7

Helluva Engineer
Stallings.jpg

dtm1997

Helluva Engineer
Featured Member
I'm very willing to see MBob take more risk than Pitt did. I'd be more willing to keep him long term if he took a swing & it missed, honestly.

orientalnc

Helluva Engineer
Retired Staff
When I look at Stallings record at Vandy I see he won more more games in those 17 seasons than we have over that same period. But, would I see that as the success I want us to have at Tech? Especially when you consider the SEC is nothing compared to the ACC? No. I can imagine Pitt fans are thinking the same thing. And he is not a young man.

lv20gt

Helluva Engineer
Stallings isn't a great hire, but he isn't a terrible coach and with Pitt not really needing a true rebuild they could be banking on a change of scenery having a positive impact.

Still though glad I'm not a pitt fan right now.

orientalnc

Helluva Engineer
Retired Staff
Stallings isn't a great hire, but he isn't a terrible coach and with Pitt not really needing a true rebuild they could be banking on a change of scenery having a positive impact.

Still though glad I'm not a pitt fan right now.
I am still cautiously optimistic right now. Eliminating Stallings helped my feelings a lot.

LawTalkin Jacket

Jolly Good Fellow
With all this Pitt ridiculousness, maybe Tech should look at Brandon Knight or at least new coach might think about B Knight as asst. he probably should have gotten Pitt job over Stallings