Coaches on the Hot Seat

Techster

Helluva Engineer
Jeff Goodman ‏@GoodmanESPN
Vandy's Kevin Stallings is a done deal to Pittsburgh, sources confirmed to ESPN. Crazy.

In a case of "Be careful what you wish for", welcome to that reality, Pitt fans.

Of course, there's a back story to the Stallings to Pitt reality. It's called professional dynamics:

http://www.sportingnews.com/ncaa-ba...ings-pittsburgh-hire-jamie-dixon-coach-record

The first-year athletic director, Scott Barnes, who many in the Pittsburgh media assumed was a “basketball guy” because he chaired the 2015 NCAA Tournament selection committee, contracted Collegiate Sports Associates as a search firm. Former Vandy AD Todd Turner, who hired Stallings to coach the Commodores, is founder and president of CSA. It doesn’t seem a stretch to suggest Turner played a part.

It begs the question, given our own dealings with them (which netted us CBG), whose interest do these "professional" search firms really have?

EDIT:

@dtm1997 beat me to it. The game is strong with that one...

dtm1997

Helluva Engineer
Featured Member
The volume & quality of anti-Kevin Stallings tweets last night, I could've literally stayed up all night and it may have been worth it.

The irony is that if we were hiring him, I'm not sure I'd be that upset because I do think he's a solid Xs & Os coach. That said, I've met a walk-on before and he had some pretty terrible things to say about Stallings' personality. Not a people person at all and he did some questionable things along the way, like texting some nastiness to a player writing a book.

ETA: today's HoopDirt featuring some comments on Stallings.