Coaches on the Hot Seat

Peacone36

Helluva Engineer
Never considered Amaker. That's interesting. I had Jacobson on my list and have watched UNI 3-4 times this season, he is very defensive minded, not sure how much people wanna see that hire.

dtm1997

Helluva Engineer
Featured Member
I started thinking about a list and I'm generally adamant about not hiring a dookie. Also, I'm not convinced any of them would coach against Coach K.

That said, given Lewis' Harvard commitment, I did consider Amaker. He's been successful in 2 of 3 stops and has had a chance to learn being a head coach.

RamblinRed

Helluva Engineer
Featured Member
Amaker is one I have on my long list, but not in my top 5. His 2 power conference stops were not very successful.

RamblinRed

Helluva Engineer
Featured Member
2 weeks ago I would have put the odds of Gregory being removed after this season at about 95%, today I have it at about 80-85%.

RamblinRed

RamblinRed

Helluva Engineer
Featured Member
Jacobson was another on my list. FWIW, Neal's teams are known primarily for their defense as well.

kg01

Get-Bak! Coach
Featured Member
I started thinking about a list and I'm generally adamant about not hiring a dookie. Also, I'm not convinced any of them would coach against Coach K.

That said, given Lewis' Harvard commitment, I did consider Amaker. He's been successful in 2 of 3 stops and has had a chance to learn being a head coach.

I gotta call you on that one, dtm. Where other than Harvard has he been successful? I'd say he was pretty mediocre at Seton Hall and Michigan. Then again, I'm probably just biased against Duke coaches. Whatever K has doesn't appear to be translating to the fruit of his tree. JMHO

If he would move to Atlanta, get Kenny Anderson a job with the program. Not Head Coach, but something.

I'm probably as big a KA fan as anyone but I don't think he's ready to be a part of the program unless he's undergone some major improvements in his personal life.

bigsands

Jolly Good Fellow
After watching Kenny on The Rock's Wake Up Call, I just feel like the guy has way too much time on his hands. Never a good thing for a dude in his forties. A job would give him some structure.

kg01

Get-Bak! Coach
Featured Member
After watching Kenny on The Rock's Wake Up Call, I just feel like the guy has way too much time on his hands. Never a good thing for a dude in his forties. A job would give him some structure.

Yeah but a 40yo man shouldn't need a babysitter (job) to keep him from self-destructing.

If we did throw him a bone and made him the 'get-back' coach (or the basketball version of that) but he hasn't addressed his issues, it'd just be a matter of time before something happened.

Peacone36

Helluva Engineer
1-Gregg Marshall Wichita St
2-Michael White Louisiana Tech
3-Ben Howland N/a
4- Richard Pitino-Minnesota
5- Chris Mack-Xavier
6-Randy Bennett-St. Mary's

That's my top 6.