Coaches on the Hot Seat

dtm1997

Helluva Engineer
Featured Member
Jon Rothstein just mentioned on CBS SportsNet that Howland chose UCLA over DePaul 5 years ago and that after last year's process, Howland won't be as selective.

The race begins.

Ggee87

Helluva Engineer
I swear by the old gods and new, if Ben Howland goes to Depaul over us.......i may be done.
Some coaches want the path of least resistance. DePaul plays in a much easier conference than us. Coming into the ACC and coaching a team not named Duke, UNC, Louisville, Syracuse... might be looked as a negative now days. If you can go to DePaul and win 20+ games you have a much better shot at making the tourney , than coming here and fighting and clawing to get to 18 wins with a couple of resume builder type wins. Just a thought though... I think alot of coaches possibly think this way.

Peacone36

Helluva Engineer
Some coaches want the path of least resistance. DePaul plays in a much easier conference than us. Coming into the ACC and coaching a team not named Duke, UNC, Louisville, Syracuse... might be looked as a negative now days. If you can go to DePaul and win 20+ games you have a much better shot at making the tourney , than coming here and fighting and clawing to get to 18 wins with a couple of resume builder type wins. Just a thought though... I think alot of coaches possibly think this way.

First off, if BH thinks that way, I don't want him. Secondly, hor$e$hit, GTech is a better job and should attract high level coaching.

LibertyTurns

Banned
There are schools firing their coaches today, meanwhile back at the farm it's deadly silent. Maybe we make a bigger splash and get all the press coverage when we do the dirty deed tomorrow?

Peacone36

Helluva Engineer
Given conference, geography, scholarship situation, and players with upside , id say with whats available for positions now, GT jumps to the top of the list when we fire CBG.