Coaches on the Hot Seat

dtm1997

Helluva Engineer
Featured Member
@orientalnc Earlier, I didn't agree/like what you said and at an emotional moment, let it get the best of me and I fired shots. I'm happy to agree to disagree, as this board does a great job of fostering actual conversation, as opposed to just pissing in cheerios and you're a strong part of that conversation. My apologies.

kg01

Get-Bak! Coach
Featured Member
It's more the fact that they can't call CBG out due to the complete pussification of America. Have to watch out for people's feelings these days. Lying is better than harsh truths.

This. Pretty much. Imagine if they'd told the truth about the job he's done.

Who is he and what makes him think he warned us of anything? We knew what we were (and weren't) getting.

eetech

Jolly Good Fellow
This. Pretty much. Imagine if they'd told the truth about the job he's done.

Who is he and what makes him think he warned us of anything? We knew what we were (and weren't) getting.
Looks like a Dayton fan. To be fair, Dayton was ready to fire CBG within probably a season at most if we hadn't paid them to take him off their hands.

dtm1997

Helluva Engineer
Featured Member
For the sake of grabbing another recruiting nail from the tool chest to seal the coffin...

TechPhi97

Ramblin' Wreck
Of that list, probably Crean. Not on that list, probably Kevin Stallings of Vandy (although I've got 1st hand info that he greatly lacks interpersonal skills and they may have had some cover-ups along the way also).

I'd like to see us offer a nice pay day and see if Bob McKillop might be interested. Proven winner at Davidson, potent offensive coach. Could be a Jim Larranaga type of hire.

I live in Davidson; I'd be surprised if McKillop made a jump. The move to the A-10 was just made, and now he doesn't have to win the conference to make the big dance. He could make more money, but he lives on Main Street in a hour that's paid for, walking distance to his office in a place that loves him. The only reason to move is to see if he can do it. The thing is, he already did it at Davidson.

I do, however, think he would be an amazing fit. He's recruited against bigger "smart" schools for years (Vandy, Wake) and shown that he can get kids that fit his system and school. Moving to the A-10 and winning the conference in year 1 is amazing; the jump in competition was big and they handled it. Speaking with a neighbor that works at the school, most people thought a winning conference record would be a great season.

But, very skeptical that it happens. Family roots are deep here and he's nearing the end of his career.

dtm1997

Helluva Engineer
Featured Member
I live in Davidson; I'd be surprised if McKillop made a jump. The move to the A-10 was just made, and now he doesn't have to win the conference to make the big dance. He could make more money, but he lives on Main Street in a hour that's paid for, walking distance to his office in a place that loves him. The only reason to move is to see if he can do it. The thing is, he already did it at Davidson.

I do, however, think he would be an amazing fit. He's recruited against bigger "smart" schools for years (Vandy, Wake) and shown that he can get kids that fit his system and school. Moving to the A-10 and winning the conference in year 1 is amazing; the jump in competition was big and they handled it. Speaking with a neighbor that works at the school, most people thought a winning conference record would be a great season.

But, very skeptical that it happens. Family roots are deep here and he's nearing the end of his career.
I'd agree this one is certainly among my pipe dreams. That said, I'll still go ahead and post this article.